warehouse

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
yourpresent

warehouse

Post by yourpresent »

Hello

I have a model with a warehouse. There is three type of product in warehouse. Product1, product2 and product3.
I want to put an atom after the warehouse that can choice and pick up a type of product which it want, even if that product was not in the first of the queue. For example we produce a variable between 1 and 3. If the variable get 1, then the product1 should be send to the next atom.
what atom should i put or what 4D Script code should i write ?

Thanks a lot
MatthijsJongboer

Re: warehouse

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

This depends on how you placed the products in the warehouse. If you placed the products in the warehouse as they arrived, you need to define your pickupstrategy in a way that you 'search' the warehouse for a matching product. Maybe you have defined some logic of where to put the products that will help you to take the products out?
yourpresent

Post by yourpresent »

There is tow type of product (blue and red) and tow server.
Server 4 is for blue product and server 5 is for red product. When server4 is empty it should wait until the red product receive to the first of the warehouse. I want to define a code that make server4 was not force to wait

thanks
MatthijsJongboer

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

When you use the default warehouse, atom reference first(c) (product to send) and outputchannel 1 are the default values. What you are looking for is a pull strategy. What could be helpfull is example model AdvancedTransporter_PickAtom&PlaceAtom2.mod located in the transport example directory.