One transporter for multiple tasks

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
mariusvanrossum

One transporter for multiple tasks

Post by mariusvanrossum »

I have 2 questions.

I'm trying to model a situation where one transporter (a forklift or a crane) executes more than one task.

What i can't seem to get working is to have a transporter take a product from station 1 to station 2 or 3 and then from station 2 or 3 to station 4. Also the same transporter has to take a product from station 5 back to station 1.

Thanks in advance,

Marius
MarvinH

Re: One transporter for multiple tasks

Post by MarvinH »

Hello Marius!

Are you using the Transporter or the Advanced Transporter? In case you use the Advanced Transporter, you can connect the stations to a network. When you add a Dispatcher and Destinator into the model, you can use these to specify your routing routine.

I have attached a model in which I have created a network. Now on entry of each station, there is determined what the next station should be and this is stored on the label NextStation on the product. So on station 1 the next station will be station 2 or 3, on station 2 and 3 the next station will be station 4 and so on. After station 5 I send the products to the Exit, although if you choose to send the products back to station 1, everything will continue as described above.

The channels of the destinator are ordened in such a way that Station 1 is connected to channel 1 and so on. This way, the label NextStation can be used directly. As you can see on the SendTo statement for the Advanced Transporter, it goes to the station that is defined on the label NextStation of the particular product.

Hope this works out for you.

Kind regards,

Marvin
Attachments
TransporterVisitingStations_v1.mod
Example model for Advanced Transporter
(59.22 KiB) Downloaded 430 times