throughputtime calculation

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Annas

throughputtime calculation

Post by Annas »

Hello,

Currently i am working on a project concerning the minimisation of the amount of desks at an office.
There are 3 types of customers (3 sources). The goal is to make sure 80% of customers
has a throughput time of max 30 minutes.

My question is how can i run an experiment that gives me the throughput times (not average).
I hope someone can help me with this situation.

Regards, Annas.
Attachments
ED - 2.mod
(31.35 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
mgalic

Re: throughputtime calculation

Post by mgalic »

Hello Annas,

did you try with the Excel connection from the tutorial (for writing throughput times the following command can be set on the Trigger on Entry of the Sink: ExcelActiveX_Write(Input(c), 1, Age(i)) ?

I have tried on your model and it works , but I'm also wondering how to get this report via experiment wizard, with the difference that my problem is discrete while yours is quasi-continious!

Regards,
Mario
Attachments
ED - 2_Annas.xls
(23 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
ED - 2_Annas.mod
(32.36 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Annas

Post by Annas »

Hello Mario,

Thanks for your reaction. I have seen that command before but dindt understand how
to get the ouput, now i do. I think if i run the experiment a couple of times with the
simulator i can get the same result as the exmperiment wizard. The experiment wizard a way to do
multiple simulations right?

Regards,
Annas
mgalic

Post by mgalic »

Hy Annas,

I'm glad to help. Yes, experiment wizard is used to get multiple runs of simulation. You could use it but then you will have to make an automatic change of the row in Excel to write your data, and I'm not sure hot to do that with ED. You could also make it change by yourself by changing the number in the command ExcelActiveX_Write(Input(c), 1, Age(i)) by each run.

Kind regards,
Mario