transportation problem

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
mgalic

transportation problem

Post by mgalic »

Hi,
I'm dealing with modelling and scenario simulation in civil engineering sector, and for the last month I’m working with ED9. I’m dealing with kind of problem which could be described as a transportation problem. For the sake of the discussion let say that if I have 4 sources and 3 servers and 3 sinks: so, I was wondering if and how could I get the report from which source which amount of products came to each of the sinks (and servers)? My guess is by using labels, but I haven’t got it working.

Thank for your help and answer,

Mario
SimonvdW

Re: transportation problem

Post by SimonvdW »

Hello Mario,

As you already guessed, an easy way is indeed to use labels.
When you assign a lable value to each of the products leaving the source it is possible to use that at any other location. So, in every server or sink you can read the label value to detect its origin.

In the attached example model you see the situation with 4 sources with random distribution to 3 servers and then random distribution to the 3 sinks. I use the label 'entrance' (defined in the Sources). On entrance of the servers and sinks I increase the number per origin and write this in a table. At any moment I can see the amount of products per entrance Source at any of the servers and sinks.

On reset the table values are set to 0 again.

I hope this is an example to solve your question.

Regards, Simon
Attachments
distribute.mod
(29.93 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
mgalic

Re: transportation problem

Post by mgalic »

Dear Simon,

this solves my problem, thanks. But now I have aditional questions regarding this model:

(1) how can I run experiment wizard if I have defined number of products needed (e.g. for sink1 I need 380 products, for sink2 280, for sink3 180) and wondering for the total time needed for each sink (and total time), and to run it for n number of repetitions?
(2) and is it possible to have one general trigger in the model by which I could stop the simulation when the all the sinks are satisfied?

I have attached the model to this post. Please, have a look at it and maybe you can help me once again :)

Kind regards,
Mario Galic
Bauhaus University Weimar/University of Osijek Croatia
Attachments
mgalic.mod
(52.91 KiB) Downloaded 280 times