Performance Issues

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
ngsim

Re: Performance Issues

Post by ngsim »

Hi,

I disabled all the pictures which were loaded onto planes and it didn't make a difference. I looked at my performance of my processes and as you can see the Maximum Frequency (The blue line in the CPU-graph) goes to max when I load the 3D-viewer. The fluctuation in the graph before the "Steady State", is before i load the 3D-view (Shift +F9).

Im affraid that this might have an impact on the performance. Anything you can comment on, or know the solution to?
Attachments
performance.png
performance.png (65.04 KiB) Viewed 3994 times
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ok, we may have found something. It turns out that in the server there was a tracer that was working on the 3D draw. Since you have in your model a lot of servers, this was killing the performance. But with my computer for some reason it only showed once I re-opened the 3D draw.

So I place an adjusted server atom here, which you have to copy to your ED installation directory( ..\Enterprise Dynamics 8...\Atoms\Server.atm).

And than I hope that this solves your problem.

Cheers, Harry
Attachments
Server.atm
New server.atm
(17.75 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
ngsim

Post by ngsim »

Hi Harry,

I have just tested the new atom, and everything is running smoothly!! :) Thank you very much for the help. It speeds up my 3D-modelling quite a bit!

Thanks!!