Experiment wizard and Scenario Manager

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Jimmy Li

Experiment wizard and Scenario Manager

Post by Jimmy Li »

Hi,

I have a question that how to get the simulation experiment done more automatically.

I need to use experiment wizard to have 100 separate runs for each of my experiment settings which is defined in parameter table, e.g. S={5, 10, 15, 20, 25} M={1, 2, 3}. totally, 5*3 =15 settings.

Currently, I have to set the S value as 5 and M as 1 in parameter table, then run experiment wizard, and wait for 10mins for the result. Then, change the S value and/or M value in parameter table, run and wait again...
Is it possible to make it more efficient?
For example, duplicate one model into 15 with all settings included {S=5, M=1}, {S=5, M=2}.....
then create a schedule to make them run 100 separate runs one by one automatically.

I notice there is a function called " Scenario manager". But i don't know whether it support multiple separate runs and I don't have the administer right to open it neither since I work on University PC.

Any suggestion is appreciated, thanks in advance
Best regards,
Jimmy
Jimmy Li

Re: Experiment wizard and Scenario Manager

Post by Jimmy Li »

I understand how Scenario Manager works now.

The only problem is that i don't have the Administrator right to start Scenario manager in PC of university.

JImmy
MatthijsJongboer

Re: Experiment wizard and Scenario Manager

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hello Jimmy,

This is a known issue.
You need to change the UAC and folder rights settings and\or execute the scenario manager 'as administrator'.

Regards, Matthijs