Wrong conveying on AAC with elevation

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
ptis

Wrong conveying on AAC with elevation

Post by ptis »

Hello,

If an AAC Straigth has an elevation the products are conveyed wrong in the 3D-visualization. The products run into each other and move to early to the next conveyor. I guess it's something wrong with the elevation scaling or so. Sensors are positioned right on a eleveated AAC and 2D is also fine.

It would be nice if someone can help me. It would be no problem if I have to change some conveyor functions...

Thanks
BartC

Re: Wrong conveying on AAC with elevation

Post by BartC »

Hello ptis,

Could you be more specific in what situation this occurs? With a standard source-queue-AACs-Sink model, all with default settings except for an elevation on the AACs, I don't have the visualization problem.

Regards,

Bart
ptis

Post by ptis »

Hello BartC,

I created a model where the problem occure.The MoveAtom at the end of the both elevated conveyors comes to early -> the product jumpes. Thats why I guess it's someting wrong with the scaling of the elevation or so.

The second problem (I guess both have effect on each other) is that the conveyed products run into each other in 3D. In 2D it is right, but in 3D it is wrong.

Thanks for your help.
Attachments
conveyor_fail.mod
(18.95 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
BartC

Post by BartC »

Hello ptis,

You were indeed right about the 3D visualization. There was nothing wrong with the moment at which the product was transferred to the next conveyor, but the speed of the atom was set incorrectly. I attached a new version of the AACs to this post, this will display the moment of transfer correctly.

With the running in to each other: Do you mean that at the moment of the transfer the product instantly tilts, causing the products to be temporarily visualized into each other?

Regards,

Bart
ptis

Post by ptis »

Hello BartC,
BartC wrote:You were indeed right about the 3D visualization. There was nothing wrong with the moment at which the product was transferred to the next conveyor, but the speed of the atom was set incorrectly. I attached a new version of the AACs to this post, this will display the moment of transfer correctly.
Perfect! All works fine now. Thanks :)
BartC wrote:With the running in to each other: Do you mean that at the moment of the transfer the product instantly tilts, causing the products to be temporarily visualized into each other?
No, I meant while the conveying the products where placed into each other and also conveyed than overlapped. I guess both effect each other because now all is fine. Thanks again :)
ptis

Post by ptis »

Ok... I was so happy that I see the right 3D-Results that I don't look on the 2D-Window: Now there are wrong conveyed products.

The events to move the product to the next conveyor comes to late and the 2D-products don't overlapping the other products (The products should move into eachother in 2D because if I look from top onto the 3D-conveyor the products also overlapping eachother.)

I tried to change some event time calculation but without success...

It would be nice if you can help me again :)
BartC

Post by BartC »

Hello ptis,

The solution I gave you yesterday was an easy, but not so neat solution. I had not thought about the 2D problem, my mistake. For a future stable release I was already thinking about a better solution and I now quickly implemented it for you. Again I attached an updated version of the AACs and this time also the Product. To get it working you have to replace all the products that are in your model now by the new product. Just load the new product to your library, replacing the old one. Then remove all your existing products from you model and click reset. ED should then create new product by itself.

Note that you now ran in to this problem on the AACs, but I expect that other conveyor/transportation atoms also make use of the same, faulty 3D visualization. We should take a more closer look at this rather soon, but please let us know if you see that happening with other atoms.

Thanks for mentioning and hope this will solve the problem permanently,

Bart
Attachments
Product.atm
(8.2 KiB) Downloaded 262 times
Advanced Accumulating Conveyor Straight.atm
(24.74 KiB) Downloaded 266 times