how to make an operator pick up a product from a queue?

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
lostpary

how to make an operator pick up a product from a queue?

Post by lostpary »

hi guys
i have been having this problem, i have three queues each connected to a server, and a conveyor which delivers products to the queues.i should call operators to pick a product from a queue, carry it to the server, do some work on it, and then be free.but the call operator codes seem not to work on queue, since the operator doesn't know which product to pick and gets stuck.
can anyone help me about this?
marlies

Re: how to make an operator pick up a product from a queue?

Post by marlies »

Hi,

A similar question has been discussed in the following topic:

how-to-make-operator-pick-up-a-product-t124

You will find some suggestions and an example model there. I hope that this answers your questions, if not, just post again!

Regards, Marlies
lostpary

Post by lostpary »

Hi Marlies

thank you for your answer, but i have read the posts that you mentioned and they didn't help me.my problem is that apparently in a queue,the operators get confused.i am attaching the file,i will be thankful if you could help about it.

Regards,
Parastoo
Attachments
car water testing.mod
(45.19 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hello Parastoo,

I checked your model and found out what the problem is. The problem occurs because of the queue capacity > 1. When a problem enters a queue (and triggers an operator call) and before this product exits the next products enters (and triggers another call) the operator gets connected to the wrong product. The model will be running nice when you make the queue capacity 1. A solution could be to add 2 queues after the conveyor: the first for "waiting" and the 2nd with a capacity of 1 and having the triggers to call and free an operator.

Regards, Marlies
lostpary

Post by lostpary »

dear marlies
thank you for your useful advice,that worked, though i was wondering if there is any kind of 4d script code for this problem.thank you for putting your time and effort on this.
Regards,
Parastoo