Grouped queue priority

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
Steven

Grouped queue priority

Post by Steven »

Is it possible to make a queue discipline script that focuses on two different labels at the same time?

For example,
I have 3 different parts that all have a certain priority level and I want to setup the queue in such a way that the highest priority is in front of the queue (which can be done with a label). But I also want the parts to be grouped together to reduce machine setup time.

If this is not possible I could also use queue to divide the parts in priority levels but then I would have 5 queue's and would have to make a script for the server that uses a round robin function but includes a priority rule ...

I don't know how to do either ...

Thanks !
marlies

Re: Grouped queue priority

Post by marlies »

Hi Steven,

Maybe you could make a combined label? Something like:

Code: Select all

Label([SortValue], i) := Label([Priority],i) + Label([ProductType],i)/10
Assuming that the priority label has integer values and that the producttype can be translated into a value < 10. Then sort the queue based on the label SortValue instead.

Could this work for you?

Regards, Marlies
Steven

Re: Grouped queue priority

Post by Steven »

Thanks for your reply.

I spend some more time playing around with my second thought and figured out how to do it, but scripting will probably work better.

What I did is that I made a queue which would send a product through a specific channel according to the label value which was attached to the label Prio. I then had 3 queue's which would sort the product according to the value which was attached to the label Part.

The problem that I described with the server selecting the first channel first seems to be a standard function, so my problem was solved by analyzing what the program actually does.