Robot pick-and-place

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
raguthri

Robot pick-and-place

Post by raguthri »

Hi,

I haven't used ED for a while so I'm a little rusty, hence my turning to this forum. Hope you guys can help!

I'm trying to model a simple system where I have a queue of items and a robot picks up the first item and places it at one of four "test" stations. The item must visit each station before it can leave the system. The robot is simply a pick-and-place. I need it to be able to place the items in any of the four stations (whichever one is free), and once the item has visited all four stations, to then place it into the sink. Additionally, I need to robot to always be working, so it's either moving an item from one station to the next, or picking up a new item from the source queue and placing into a free station.

How do I go about writing a script for this? I assume I need to assign each atom a tag which says it must visit all four stations before it can go to the sink?

I hope I explained this properly!

Cheers,
Rabi

**EDITED**

I need the atoms to visit each station once only. Is this a trigger on entry/exit rule I need to add to each station to make sure the robot doesn't send it back there again?
JeroenSteenbakkers

Re: Robot pick-and-place

Post by JeroenSteenbakkers »

hello rabi,

what i propose is that you use label.

on the exit trigger of the station you can use for instance:

Code: Select all

label([counter], i) := 2
Based on this label you can then send it to the right output channel of the robot, for instance:

Code: Select all

if(
 label([counter], first(c)) = 2, 
)

the code means, if the label on the atom is 2 then move it to channel 3 else to channel 2.

Good luck!