Reset Problem

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
a.jorge

Reset Problem

Post by a.jorge »

Hello,
I've got a problem with function reset and run.
In the model attached to the post I have 2 servers which are supposed to record the total break down epoch and repeat this say for 150 times. the problem is that when the first run completes,Command reset and run return Time to 0, but servers seem to STAY in repair mode.

thank you in-advance,
Jorge
Attachments
Reset.mod
(16.65 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
BartC

Re: Reset Problem

Post by BartC »

Hello Jorge,

I don't really understand what you want to accomplish with this model. If you're solely searching for breakdown times: they are only dependent of your distribution function, in this case NegExp(mins(1)/2). Then just take 150 samples of this distribution function.
In general, the breakdown triggers are not the place to use the reset and run functions.

Regards,

Bart
a.jorge

Post by a.jorge »

Thanks for the reply Bart,

I appreciate your suggestions, But the model attached to the previous post was a simple part of the main model I'm working on.
Would you please explain " Why breakdown triggers are not good places to use RESET and RUN commands " ?
Are you saying that RESET and RUN should not be used in triggers at all? Could you please name some places that these command can be used in? Because I could not find any exceptions for them in the help files; but we see, as you have already mentioned, they do not work in all situations.

Thank you in advance,

Jorge
BartC

Post by BartC »

Hello Jorge,

Maybe you can explain a bit better to me what you want to do exactly on a breakdown. As I understand it you want to write the 'time to breakdown' in excel. Is it explicitly necessary to reset the model after those breakdowns? Or can you just keep the model running and determine those breakdown times otherwise? Triggers are indeed never a good place to set reset and run commands, because often after the triggers certain procedures of the atom(s) have to be executed, which are skipped as a result of these commands. The reset and run commands are commonly set on buttons of a (self-designed) GUI form, like the default Run Control.

Regards,

Bart
a.jorge

Post by a.jorge »

Hello Bart,

Thank you for the Instructions,

As you just mentioned, I wanted the model stop after all servers are down, an then repeat this.
The problem was overcome by using Experiment wizard and Just like you said, I let the model run even after all the servers break down.

One more time, I would like to thank you for all you help.

Kind regards,

Jorge