Advanced Transporter dual function two directions

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
louise

Advanced Transporter dual function two directions

Post by louise »

Hello!

I'm a student in Engineering. I need to make a project were one transporter can do two things:

1. bring an element from the sink to a station
2. deliver an element from a station to the sink

Can somebody help me with this? I added my project file where I made the network with two transporters doing each one of the functions.
Thanks in advance!
Attachments
agvgelukt2.mod
(89.63 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
HarryBunnik

Re: Advanced Transporter dual function two directions

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Louise,

When you combine all using only one Destinator and one Dispatcher, the code on the dispatcher allows to sort the incoming orders and divide it over the available Advanced Transporters.

Using the SendTo statement of the Advanced Transporter allows you to divide the products over the desired drop off points. I think you can use a label on the product indicating in which production state it is and depending on the status you can let it be transported through your model.

The example model "Network with Advanced Transporter", which you can find under, might help give you some insight:

..\Documents\Enterprise Dynamics\10.1\Models\Examples\English\Transport\

I hope this helps you further, otherwise let me know. :-)

Regards,

Harry
louise

Post by louise »

Hi Harry!

We want one transpoter to deliver an element from the source "halen" to a one of the queues and one transporter to get an element from one of the queues and bring it to the destination "brengen". Now we have one transporter doing the first function, and another doing the second.

We still don't get how we can let one transporter do both functions.

Thanks in advance!
Louise
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Louise,

First, you'll have to combine all and use only one Destinator and one dispatcher. On the Exit side of the dispatcher and on the Entry side of the Destinator you can make a connection to one (currently) or more Transporters.

All processes where products are to be picked up are connected with the dispatcher (so the flow goes from "halen" to the dispatcher. From the Dispatcher it is handed over to the Transporter.

All destinations where products can be dropped off are to be connected with the Destinator. So next the Transporter is checking in the Destinator and its own SendTo statement, where to drop off the product.

In the model that I've attached, this means that the first outgoing channel of the Destinator is connected with the Sink ("brengen") and with the different Servers. So the SendTo-statement must be deciding what the next step will be. To identify this, I've created a label on each product names "Step". When the product is created, the label has a value of one. Once it has gone through a server and entering a Queue, the values is updated to 2. This allows the Transporter to use this label in the SendTo to send the product to the correct destination:

If(
Label([Step], first(c)) = 1,
dUniform(2, 4),
)
agvgelukt2_HB.mod
(74.76 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Note that the sorting of the tasks in the dispatcher is currently in such a way that tasks going to the servers (Step 1) are handled first and this will cause a deadlock.

I hope this explains some things.

Regards,

Harry
louise

Post by louise »

Hi Harry!

In your previous answer, you send us a solved project with a transporter who goes from source to workstation and workstation to sink. Thanks for this, it helped a lot! I still have one question that isn't clear for me.

You added to the sendTo field of the transporter the following code
If(
Label([Step], first(c)) = 1,
dUniform(2, 4),
)

But how do I have to interpret the first(c)? I know first refers to the first product, but which first product of which row? This is about the code of the transporter, so I do not understand which line you have to look at.

Thanks!!
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Louise,

The first(c) is referring to the first atom within the c, where c stands for current atom, so in this case the transporter. And the first atom within the Transporter is the product that we want to place. In this case, when the product has a label named step with a value of 1, we know it has to be sent to one of the servers (since I don't know which one I send them randomly to one of the servers available). Otherwise it has a value of 2, so it needs to be dropped off by the Transporter at the Sink "brengen".

The answer has to correspond with the connection made from the Destinator.

I hope this helps you,

Regards,

Harry