Turning off input channels

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
filipeg

Turning off input channels

Post by filipeg »

Hello to everyone,

I ran into a problem when trying to make a model of 3 different manufacturing processes on same product that come one after another. The thing is that I used servers, and every one of them is sequentially operated by one person. That means my Server 1 cant start with operation until Server 3 is finished. If i recall correctly from school, the best way is to use opening and closing channels, so on Server 1 "trigger on entry" i put "CloseInput (c)" and that works fine, when product enters server it closes his input channels. But now I have a problem with opening the input channel of Server 1 with trigger on exit on Server 3. It simply wont work, so I would kindly ask for any help. To conclude, is there i way one atom (in my example, Server 3) can open input channel of another atom (Server 1)? If not, is there any way I can tell my Server 1 not to take any product from queue until Server 3 is finished with his cycle.

Thank you in advance and best regards
HarryBunnik

Re: Turning off input channels

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha filipeg,

You can make a connection from, for instance, incoming channel 2 of server 3 to the central channel (information channel) of Server 1. You can then write on the exit trigger like OpenInput(in(2, c)) which will open the input of the atom connected with incoming channel nr. 2.

I hope this helps you further,

Regards,

Harry
filipeg

Re: Turning off input channels

Post by filipeg »

Thank you very much Harry, that was the correct solution to my problem, and quick response.

Best regards to you