How to Change an operator during a cycle time ?

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
juntjark

How to Change an operator during a cycle time ?

Post by juntjark »

Hey All,

I am new here in this forum.

Now I have this challenge, can somebody give me hint how to solve this:
I am creating a modell of assembly operations, in which cycle times of individual servers (=worksteps) can last 16 hours, for example. The operators are working in 2 shifts (8 hours/shift), in order to minimize the needed total time for the worksteps.
How we can change from a morning shift to a evening shift, when the task has not been finished ?
Can I call operators from 2 separated teams, which have their own availability times, perhaps ?

Best Regards,
Jarkko, Finland
HarryBunnik

Re: How to Change an operator during a cycle time ?

Post by HarryBunnik »

Hi Jarkko,

The example model: "...\Documents\Enterprise Dynamics\10.1\Models\Examples\English\Human Resource\06 Resources and time schedules.mod" is a nice starting point for this question.

When you then open the HumanResourceSchedules atom in the model (the dark blue one in the upper left corner of the model), you'll find a tab called "Time schedules". Here select one of the available teams (DayShift and NightShift). Then press the edit button.

This will open the HumanResourceTimeSchedule, where you can give in more detailed behavior for this team. The lowest option in the GUI gives the behavior of each member of the team when their shift ends. Here the following options are given:

- Interrupt and return the task (this allows someone else to take up the task, so that is what you want)
- Interrupt and let the task wait till the next day
- Finish the task, before going into the break

Select the first option and repeat this for the other team as well.

Now change the cycle time of the servers to 16 hours (hr(16)) and run the model. You'll see that at the change of shift, another human resource is called and that the task continues.

I hope this helps you further!

Regards,

Harry
juntjark

Re: How to Change an operator during a cycle time ?

Post by juntjark »

Hey,

Thanks a lot, definitely this helps me to continue.

BR,
Jarkko