Assembler with Corner Transfer Unit

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
MHiero

Assembler with Corner Transfer Unit

Post by MHiero »

Hello ED-Community,

I have a problem with an assembler connected to an CTU resulting in the following Error Message:

1 Runtime error: division by zero -> Corner Transfer Unit (AtomID: 39), FUNCTION: CTU_Change_Product_Contents_Rotation (Ln: 23, Col: 57) "/" | Time: 24.7317986093639, c: Corner Transfer Unit7 (AtomID: 178), i: Palette (AtomID: 182), OnEntered, EventCode: 1
CallStack: CTU_Change_Product_Contents_Rotation|SCRIPTTYPE_FUNCTION|Corner Transfer Unit (39),OnEntered|SCRIPTTYPE_EVENT|Corner Transfer Unit (39),OnOcReady|SCRIPTTYPE_EVENT|Accumulating Conveyor (20),OnEvent(1)|SCRIPTTYPE_EVENT|Accumulating Conveyor (20)

The model looks simplified like this:
ED_Modell.PNG
ED_Modell.PNG (8.76 KiB) Viewed 2555 times
Thank you very much for any help.
Best regards,
Martin
HarryBunnik

Re: Assembler with Corner Transfer Unit

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Martin,

Can you post your simplified model, so I can have a look at it?

And which version of ED are you using?

Gr. Harry
HarryBunnik

Re: Assembler with Corner Transfer Unit

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Martin,

Based on the error message, I think that you have set the storage sizes on the container to 0? These are meant to indicate how much space a product is claiming on the container/pallet. So they should not be smaller than the size of the product that you want to store here. The help is saying the following about this:

Entering more Storage space than actually required by the size of the products results in empty space between the products except when Fit to storage is checked. Entering less space than actually required by the size of the product will result in overlapping products except when Fit to storage is checked.

The storage size in combination with the size allows (visual) adjusting of the packing method.

Example:

Given an Assembler which is set to Pack contents and of which the bill of material is such that 4 products are placed on the pallet.

The Assembler will stack a product sized 1x1x1 into a pile of 4 products if the pallet is modelled by a Container with size 1x1x0.15 and storage size 1x1x1,

but when Fit to Storage is selected with a storage size of 0.5x0.5x0.5, it will neatly place 4 boxes on one layer!

Is this helping you?

Gr. Harry