Warehouse modelling examples

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
TFVBST

Warehouse modelling examples

Post by TFVBST »

Dear Forum,

I need to simulate a new warehouse lay-out for my thesis that is able to show the difference in orderpicking speed (using Transporters) compared to the current situation.

I've read a few other posts regarding warehouse modelling. Some of the answers on these posts were to take a look at the available example warehouse models (.../My Documents/ED/10.1/Models/Examples/...), but my Models folder is empty. I'm using version 10.1 (Educational).

I rather look at the example models and figure this out myself, than asking all kinds of questions that could have easily been answered by using the example models.

I hope you can help me access the example models.

Kind regards,

Tim
MatthijsJongboer

Re: Warehouse modelling examples

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hello Tim,

The example models are indeed installed in the 'My Documents' folder. As this folder is managed by your sysadmin and it is depending on the user profile, only the profile installing the software has the example models installed in this directory.

For multi user environments, we have acknowledged this issue and thus provided the example models and package as well.
For your 10.1 Educational Classroom version, you should be able to find a button in the software under Help | Browse Packages..
This will open a window that allows you to download and install the package 'Example & Tutorial Models'.

Best regards,
Matthijs
TFVBST

Post by TFVBST »

Thank you Matthijs,

A new problem is arising.

I've modeled a rough setup of a warehouse I want to simulate. I've spend some time naming and connecting nodes, and all seemed fine. Untill I saved my model after finishing the last node. Most the connection lines, connecting the nodes to the warehouse "racks" jumped to the right, when I checked the 3D viewer all the blue lines are in the places they should be in. Very weird.

Is this a bug, or a common problem? I want to make sure all connections are there, before I continue modeling the warehouse. I've added my file.
0-METING 2.0.5.mod
(297.13 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Hope to hear from you soon.
Gerben

Post by Gerben »

Hi Tim,

It seems to me that the blue lines in 2D are drawn to the unrotated position of the warehouse, I think this is a bug instead of a modelling error.

Gerben