Walking Workers

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Andrew

Walking Workers

Post by Andrew »

Hello everybody,

I'm a new user.
I have problems in the implementation of a walking worker line. Basically I call the operator on a server, this operator follows the product from the server all along a roller conveyor until reaching the following server. At that point I free the operator, but there's a problem. This operator doesn't walk back to the first server, he just turns up there instantly.
If I tick the option "walk" and build a network, the operator doesn't follow anymore the product along the conveyor.

I'd like this operator to connect to a network just in the moment I free him on the last server, and not before.
How can I achieve it?

Thank you in advance
Markus Holzner

Re: Walking Workers

Post by Markus Holzner »

Hi Andrew,

yes, that is indeed interesting.
First, I assume you are working with our latest version of Enterprise Dynamics ED 10. If not please let me know as the attached demo model won't work for you.

The HumanResource (HR) atom is by default intended to either use the "walk" option, then the HR moves along a path network (or offroad) or the HR does not actually walk but then you can attach it to a product and see him move along that product.
So, what you want here is a mix of both.
Therefore, you need to switch that "walk" option (attribute "UseTravel") off when the HR arrives at the first Server (task start) and switch it on when it leaves the second Server (task end).

The easy part is switching it on at the end of the task. Here you can use the trigger "When freed" (see Gui of HR). Just switch the attribute value by using the piece of code "HumanResource_SetUseTravel(c, true)" that activates the travel on the network again and you have to reset some connections of the HR that it starts with the correct first node of the network "Connect(2, c, 0, out(1, c)), Connect(3, c, 0, out(1, c))". The starting node is the node that you select when pressing the button "Link to Network". In the code I set output channels 2 and 3 to my starting node that will be the first node again for the HR after a task has been finished (at Server 2).

For the arrival of the HR at the task start location (Server 1), unfortunately, we do not have any trigger. Therefore, I have to go into the code of the HR itself. If you have access to the "Atom Editor" (Display > Atom Editor) you can see the changes here.
The changes have been made within the HR model atom called "HumanResource7". Within the Atom Editor go to Events sheet and there to OnEvent eventhandler. At event "HumanResource_EVENTCODE_ARRIVEATTASKLOCATION" at line 39 I added the only piece of code necessary "HumanResource_SetUseTravel(c, false)" to switch the "walk" option off.

So, that should be it I guess. Please, give it a try and let me know. Success.

Best regards,
Markus
Attachments
HumanResource_Switching_Between_Network_And_MoveWithProduct.mod
(69.34 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi Markus,

Unfortunately I'm using Enterprise Dynamic 8.2.5 and not the latest version. This is the only one available at my university. I don't have human resources atoms, but "operator" atoms. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Markus Holzner

Post by Markus Holzner »

Hi Andrew,

no problem.

Ok, I set up a new model in ED 8.2.5 with the operator atom.
The basic idea of switching the "walk" option is still valid.
Also, the modifications are pretty much the same. The "Action when freed" trigger of the operator is used to switch the "walk" option on.
And to switch it off, I had to go to the operators OnEvent eventhandler to event 3 "Arrival at job, signal atom" (added code: att([UseTravel], c) := false).

That's basically it.
Just added some code in OnReset eventhandler of the operator to always let the operator start at node "N1-4" and have the "walk" option switched on when you start the model.
So, I hope it works for you. Success.

Best regards,
Markus
Attachments
Demo_Operator_Switch_WalkOption.mod
(40.84 KiB) Downloaded 254 times