How to discount products in a queue

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Jesse

How to discount products in a queue

Post by Jesse »

Hi,

I am working on a project where i'm looking at the effects of discounting products in a supermarket. However, during the simulating i got a bit stuck. I want a to simulate two shelves that have product A and B on it. After a certain time, products that get close to their expiry date have to be discounted. I have created the entry time label and a label called 'expiry date' which is the time it enters + a certain amount of time.

How can i simulate something that checks my queue for products that have a certain expiry time left? I have tried it with a server, with send to rules of the queue, condition control but nothing has worked for me so far.

I have attatched the ED file. I hope someone can help me a step further.

Thanks in advance!
Jesse
Attachments
Jesse Kuipers.mod
(55.15 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Jesse

Re: How to discount products in a queue

Post by Jesse »

Ok, i have found a way to do it. By the use of a time schedule and a conveyer belt i managed to cycle the whole queue once every day without ending up in a loop.

No more help required, thanks anyway.

Jesse
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Okay, my solution turned out to create some other problems. Some products end up in the conveyer belt that i created to cycle my products.

I still look for a solution to my first stated problem, is there someone that can help me?
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Jesse,

Sorry for the late reaction, but I only saw today that a new message was posted.

I'm not entirely sure I understand you problem. If you want the consumer to always first use the products that are closest to the expiration date, you could use the "Queue Discipline" to sort them on a label that contains the production time of the product. (5. Sort by Label Descending: The atoms with the highest value of the label named LabelName are put in front).

But I think you have something different in mind? Could you explain in a bit more detail what you want?

Cheers,

Harry