Model not starting

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
HarryBunnik

Re: Model not starting

Post by HarryBunnik »

Yes, I've had that same feeling quite some times... ;)

Good that you're going forward :-)

Event 7 is created after the OnEntry trigger is executed. So there is at that moment not yet an event to be destroyed. Would that explain the behavior you have? You might have to create a separate event in the forklift controller, which you call form the OnEntry of the AT with a higher priority. That way the Event 7 is destroyed, before it's actually executed.

Sorry, I've missed that there was still an open question. :( I thought I had all...I will have a look at it as well.

Cheers,

Harry
ptelleria

Post by ptelleria »

Hi Harry again:
with regards to your code, I have one questión:

1- why do you use Att([DestAtom], atmAGV) ??
2- what is the use of the table? I see the logic and it makes sense, but it's not really used, is it?

I can't find that attribute in the AT. I see PrevAtom, but not DestAtom. I think its not used in your sample, but it makes sense.

cheers,
Pedro
ptelleria

Post by ptelleria »

I see that the table is used to the next pick on the OnExit of the AT, but the DestNode...?
thanks!
Pedro
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Pedro,

This ATT is used internally in the code and was connecting the AT to it's destination or drop off point. By setting it here to the pick-up point, I prevented this (for me at that moment) unwanted behavior. This was something I took over from a previous project.

The table is in its initial phase. In the moment it only contained the registration and de-registration from picking orders. Later on I would expand this table with columns telling:
  • if a task is assigned to an AT at all
  • status of a task (assigned, waiting, picked up etc)
  • to which AT is it assigned
  • priorities of tasks
  • etc. etc.
I prefer to have this all at one table, so it's easier for me, when I build up a project, to see what is going on in a model. Otherwise I have to open different tables, check labels here and there and that takes me too much time in the end. ;-)

Cheers,

Harry
ptelleria

Post by ptelleria »

Hi Harry!

Thanks for the explanation, I assumed they where (as others) internal ATT needed. I wasn't using them, and perhaps this resulted in funny behaviour.

You've read my mind, I am already working with a master table for all tasks, and using the status and to which (if any) AT it is assigned.

I am writing some function in the ForkliftController for searching the closest task (in distance from the caller queue) when the AT unloads all. And if its on its way, but a new closer tasks gets into the table, to assign it to the AT (and deassign the original task). The tasks are somewhat presorted with a queue strategy, before they enter the table.

I'll perhaps maintain a local table at the AGV, to populate from the master on the OnEntry, for easier referencing. But its not clear at the moment.

And when its working, I'll bring ATs with a capacity of 1 and some others with a capacity of 2.

I have a clear path forward, thanks for your help!!! ;) ;)
cheers
Pedro
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Pedro,

You're right that these ATT's are needed for internal usage and that normally you're not supposed to play with them. But then again, when they are there anyway, you can also try to use them to your advantage ;)

Sounds like a good plan and path :)

Success with your model!

Harry