Dispatch task to busy transporter

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
ptelleria

Dispatch task to busy transporter

Post by ptelleria »

Hi again!
I continue with my model for the distribution center (cross dock) and AGVs.
I am dispatching tasks to the closest transporter.
However, given that the warehouse is quite large, I want to dispatch tasks to the transporter who is closest to pick the task, but, taking into consideration its current task and distance to its destination. So the distance is the sum of distance from the atom to pickup to the AT, plus the distance from the AT to its destination:

Code: Select all

valDistance:= cell( att([nodenumber], out(2, out(count, atmDispatcher))), valPickUpNode, atmDistanceTableNetwork)+cell( att([destnode], out(2, out(count, atmDispatcher))), att([nodenumber], out(2, out(count, atmDispatcher))), atmDistanceTableNetwork),  
Can I dispatch a task to a busy AT, and when it finishes its current assignemt, it will automatically pick it? If not, how could I do it?
Thanks!
Pedro
HarryBunnik

Re: Dispatch task to busy transporter

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Pedro,

You could label the task that you designate it to a specific truck. If you then check in the ordering of your dispatcher that the task handed out is or designated to that truck that is currently searching for a task, or a non-assigned task (closest by).

Perhaps you may have to build some check, that tasks are not always ignored since they are out of the route. Perhaps on the EntryTime of the task. But that you can always do later as a refinement, when you see that it is necessary ;-)

I hope it helps a bit,

Harry
ptelleria

Re: Dispatch task to busy transporter

Post by ptelleria »

Hi Harry,
good idea!
I'll combine it with the other question in the other thread.
And see if I could use a variant of this (and a task table in each AT) to not to have to maintain a model wide dispatch table.
cheers
Pedro