Transporter uses wrong load time after first round

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Immo

Transporter uses wrong load time after first round

Post by Immo »

Dear Community,

I attached a simple model with 3 advanced transporters moving with the same speed, load and unload times between a server and a sink.

In the first cycle of the transportation all three Transporters respect the specified load time of 366 seconds. From the second transportation cycle the first advanced transporter uses a much smaller loading time and ignors the 366 seconds specified. The second and third linked transporters follow the 366 seconds specified load time and behave normal. I changed the Icon of the problematic transporter for visualization purposes in the attached model.

I tested the pecularity by dislinking the first Transporter from the dispatcher and found out that then the problem shifts to the second transporter.

I concluded that the problem occurs always at the transporter that is linked first to the dispatcher, but only starting from the second cycle on.

Any ideas what can be the reason for that problem?
Attachments
what's_wrong_with_advtrp.mod
(25.41 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
HarryBunnik

Re: Transporter uses wrong load time after first round

Post by HarryBunnik »

Hello,

The problem is caused by the using of: AdvancedTransporter_SetDestination(c, atombyname([node10],model))... I had forgotten in my earlier response that I had some similar problems then as well.

The Advanced transporter is indeed send to the node10 in the model using this code, as desired. Only once it arrived there, it starts an unloading process. And this is clearly not wanted. Because when the AT then receives a loading task by the dispatcher, it drives to the server, but it's "incorrect" unloading task is still running and triggers the advanced transporter before the loading task is completed, giving strange results as you have seen.

I've updated the AdvancedTransporter to check if it is actually busy with a task, before it start unloading. If no task is assigned, it won't do anything now.

You'll have to place the attached file into "...\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Dynamics 9\Atoms\Transport\Floorbound\..." and overwrite the already existing file there.

See next post for the updated version.

I think this will solve your problem.

Cheers,

Harry
Last edited by HarryBunnik on Tuesday 17 May, 2016 - 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
HarryBunnik

Re: Transporter uses wrong load time after first round

Post by HarryBunnik »

Removed an error message from the provided atom.
Advanced Transporter.atm
(65.54 KiB) Downloaded 383 times