Advanced Transporters in Transport Chain

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Immo

Advanced Transporters in Transport Chain

Post by Immo »

Hello Community,

I'm trying to model a transport chain between a server and a sink. The server acts as an excavator and the sink is the waste disposal site. For the Transportation I'm using advanced transporters, which are controlled by a Dispatcher being linked to the Server. The dispatch rule I have selected is "a free Transporter (FTF)". The advanced transporters act as trucks in the real System.

In the reals system the trucks of course return to the excatavor on their own. The Standard dispatch rules in ED create the situation that the transports wait at the sink to be called by the Dispatcher, which can only happen if the Server can provide a product.

To solve the Problem we tried implementing different Statements in the Trigger on Exit in the advanced transporters in order to send them back immediately after delivering their product:

1st idea:
AdvancedTransporter_PickAtom(c,atombyname([Server3],model),a)
--> error message related to picking the right product

2nd idea:
AdvancedTransporter_PickAtom(c,atombyname([Server3],model),First(In(1,c))

3rd idea:
AdvancedTransporter_PickAtom(c,atombyname([Server3],model),excelactivex_read(1,1))
{combined with}
ExcelActiveX_Write(1,1,atomid(i)) in the Trigger on entry of the server
--> here the Transporters started to pick up the ExcelActiveX-atom instead of the products {probably an ID-Problem}

The advanced tranporters are configured in relation to Speed (different speed if loaded or unloaded) and times needed for loading and unloading via Excel.

How can we amend our model in order to establish a Transport chain where depending on the distance between Sever and Sink

1st: only the required number of transporters are used and
2nd: they return to the Server for getting loaded again after delivering their product

Thanks for helping!
Attachments
Beleg_neu.xlsx
(12.79 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Beleg_neu.mod
(31.68 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
HarryBunnik

Re: Advanced Transporters in Transport Chain

Post by HarryBunnik »

Hello,

What I used for a similar situation was sending the advanced transporter to the node before the server using:

Code: Select all

Connect(1, atmAT, 0, atmDesiredNode {A reference to the node where you want to send the AT}, ),
  AdvancedTransporter_SetDestination(atmAT, atmDesiredNode)
Perhaps you can try something like that. I would expect that the AT would then wait in the node, until called by the dispatcher again.

If this doesn't work I will have to look into it more closely, but that will take some more time.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Harry
Immo

Re: Advanced Transporters in Transport Chain

Post by Immo »

Dear Harry,

Thanks for the proposal.
I figured out a similar solution using nearly the same code in the Trigger on Exit of the Advtrp:

AdvancedTransporter_SetDestination(c, atombyname([Server3],Model)),

I'm not using nodes, but it works fine for sending the transporters directly back to the excavator (Server3). I tested it with changing the Destination of the deposit and the number of needed Advtrp increased automatically bu using the the "a free Transporter (FTF)"-dispatch rule.

Thanks a lot!

Immo