Full HD 3D Simulations

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
LAC-Ferrara

Full HD 3D Simulations

Post by LAC-Ferrara »

Good morning,
I would like to produce a 3D simulation video with a resolution of 1080 (full HD). Is it possibile?
If yes, which atom should I use?

Thanks
Greetings
LAC-Ferrara
HarryBunnik

Re: Full HD 3D Simulations

Post by HarryBunnik »

Good evening,

About your first question:

To create a real FUll HD is a bit difficult. This is difficult because the recorder functionality in Enterprise Dynamics is recording the 3D animation window (Full screen doesn't work). And this can be only done up to the size of the screen you're recording from. So in reality the borders of the window will be subtracted. But you can get very close (1920 by 1054). Or you have to use a monitor with a higher resolution than Full HD ;-).

Secondly how to make the recording. Here there are 2 solutions:

1) if you have an Enterprise Dynamics version of 8.2.5, you could use an atom that I've been recently developing. It's already stable and used in several movies we've created internally, but we need to do some additional testing. So if you want to try, you're more than welcome!

I've added the latest version of this atom to this message in a .zip file. In the file there is also a Quick start available, which explains the functionality of the atom.
To install the atom, you have to copy the 2 directories (Atoms and Media) to the ED installation directory and than load the atom into your library.

When you decide to use the atom, I'm, of course, very interested into your experiences and any improvements you see.

2) The other option would be to use the Movie Director which can be found under the VISUALISATION in the library. Here you can give up the starting time and end time of you recording. You have to open the 3D model view and size it to the desired resolution and start the simulation. The ED help gives an overview of the functionality of this atom.

I hope this helps you further,

Cheers,

Harry
Attachments
MovieCreator Beta.zip
New ED Movie Creator Beta version
(780.64 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

In case you do decide to try the new atom, you can post your experiences here:

a-movie-creator-t212.html

Cheers,

Harry
LAC-Ferrara

Post by LAC-Ferrara »

Dear Harry,

First of all thank you very much for your quick answer and for your commitment.
Fortunately I have a monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080, so I can set the 3D window size as full HD native resolution.
I'm going to test your atom and I give you a feedback!

Thanks
Greetings
LAC-Ferrara
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

I'm not sure if i made myself clear enough:

What is recorded is the inside of the animation window, so the information bar at the top and the bottom are not recorded and are deducted from your resolution. So only if you have a monitor with a resolution higher than full HD, you can record genuine Full HD with ED. In all other cases you are recording with a resolution very close to Full HD, but just not there. This you have to fix with post movie production software. (And recording on Full Screen is not possible, believe me I tried ;-) ).

What you can do is to turn of the status bar, to at least have just the 10 pixels more resolution.

So sorry to disappoint you, but this is the closest we can get to full HD.

Cheers,

Harry
kleinepia

Post by kleinepia »

Dear Harry,

I try to create a Movie with the MovieDirector, but I have problems with the saving.
AVI File Name from the System is: workdir([avi1.avi]), but I need to change it.
It is only possible to save it on a USB Stick, but when I put the link instead of workdir I got a Error-message.
"F:\Bachelorthesis" is not a valid expression. Reference: F:\Bachelorthesis([avi1.avi])

how can I change it?

thanks for your help in advance.
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi,

You can just write the required path between square brackets. That would look like this:

Code: Select all

[F:\Bachelorthesis\avi1.avi]
Regards, Marlies