Different speed limts and conflict in a network path for

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
poso9384

Different speed limts and conflict in a network path for

Post by poso9384 »

Hello,
I am modeling an urban site construction in ED with a conflict Zone (i.e two way) . I have created a Network path, and assigned Advanced Transporters to the path, In the model, I have two Problems!!!

1) How can i Input different Speeds in the Network, so that AT follow different Speeds in the Network??
(for example 10kmph in the conflict Zone & 50kmph in rest of the path)

2) How can I design a two-way conflict Zone which can accommodate a single Advanced Transporter at an instant time??

Thanks in Advance!!!
Attachments
Earthwork_Model.mod
(74.55 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
poso9384

Re: Different speed limts and conflict in a network path for

Post by poso9384 »

Can anyone fix my this model, I have a project submission on next week, it is little urgent.
MatthijsJongboer

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hello poso9384,

It is possible to limit the network in speed and capacity.
Have a look at the example model 'Network with Advanced Transporters'.
Here you will see that the speed is limited at the starting node of a section (for two sections).
When you double click a node, a GUI pops-up and you can edit the capacity and speed limit in a table.

Gr. Matthijs
Nunepalli

Post by Nunepalli »

Thanks for the quick reply,

1) I have followed the same procedure in GUI , but total Simulation time is unchanged for different Speeds & same speed of Tranporter in the Network.???
2 ) How can I design a two-way conflict Zone which can accommodate a single Advanced Transporter at an instant time??

I hope you can understand my Problem... :oops:
MatthijsJongboer

Perhaps you can elaborate on your first remark? Are the setting changes not effecting the model?
Your second question is not easily achieved for a bidirectional network section. A capacity limitation is from node to node. When your two-way conflict zone has a capacity of 1, this is not possible without coding this logic.
I looked at the option to model the conflict zone as a unidirectional section. However, this will abandon the physics of your model which is something you probably don't want.
poso9384

Post by poso9384 »

Again Thank you for the Reply

1) Yes, even after chainging the Settings, i am not able to see any difference in the result of Total Simulation time ( for example my total simualtion time for a constant Speed of Transpoter ( assumned 30 kmph) is 108 hours 51 min, then after editing the speed Limit in the nodes by giving three different Speeds (30, 20,10 kmph) in the network the total Simulation Simulation time is exaclty 108 hours 51 min, there is not even a minutue Variation. This i am not able to solve.... :oops:

2) Can you please help us coding the logic, i am rather new to 4D script.
MatthijsJongboer

Regarding the speed limitation, you need to set the speed limit in the table (in m/s) and you need to switch the 'Use speed limit' section to 'on'. You can do this by placing a 1 in this column on the same row. You can verify if a speed limit is in place by testing with a very slow speed. If you are confident that the speed is limited, you can use your actual limits. Additionally, when a speed limit is set, it will display this in the 2D model layout next to the network section.

Regarding the programming of the limitation, the control of the transport system needs to be overruled. As this takes even expert users quite some time, this might not be your best approach. What does your assignment include?
poso9384

Post by poso9384 »

Thank you, your Suggestion worked for 1st Problem.
Our assingment is to model the conflict Zone to have a optimized earthwork Operation.

Conflict Zone: The part of Network which allows only one truck to travel in it & other trucks have to wait untill the 1st truck leaves the conflict area. As our loading area is also quite small , we cannot accomodate more than one truck at a time.( we are trying to model the real world scneario as precise as possible)

We need your help in acheiving this Task.
Attachments
Earthwork_Model for Urban Construction Site.mod
(128.21 KiB) Downloaded 203 times