Atom operation with server processes

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
Longstreet

Atom operation with server processes

Post by Longstreet »

Dear ED,

I have a problem with a simulation I'm trying to work out.

I have 3 servers, which are machinery that need to be managed by one atom(Jack). There is a queue between every two machines to hold the product until the atom is at the machine it's going to next.

The problem is that after the first jump to the first server, the atom doesn't move anymore. I'm kind of stumped, I've used operators to work my way around, but it's kind of difficult with my minor knowledge of them.

Any suggestion or feedback?

I attached the file for further reference.

Thanks in advance,

Longstreet
Attachments
AtomOperation.mod
(35.15 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
marlies

Re: Atom operation with server processes

Post by marlies »

Hi,

I am not sure what your problem is.. When I did a first run with your model, it seemed to stop at the first server. Then I saw that the process time at the first server is quite long (avg of 3hrs). Therefore I increased the simulation speed and whatched it for a while and then the model seems to run perfectly...

I saw that you already used the operator task priority task in the 2nd server. The only suggestion I have is to use priority on the 3rd server as well. When you give it prio 3, the line will never get blocked.

Hope this helps, if not, just let us know!

Regards,

Marlies
Longstreet

Post by Longstreet »

Hi,

I've retried it again, as I would be quite embarassed to have overlooked this. However, it stays in the first server for at least 500 hours and never goes to the queue or next server at all. It freezes at the first server and doesn't continue.

Regards,

Longstreet
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi Longstreet,

That's really strange. We (me & 2 colleagues) tried to run it and it runs without problems. Which version of ED do you use?
We use ED8.1 to run the model.

Regards,

Marlies
Longstreet

Post by Longstreet »

I'm using the Enterprise Dynamics 8 Developer with a Student License.

Is this perhaps the problem?
marlies

Post by marlies »

No, that shouldn't be a problem. Just trying to figure out what the difference can be, but ED8 to 8.1 shouldn't make a difference for these atoms. What is the status of the first server when it stops working? You can check that by adding a statusindicator to your model (it is in the atoms category Results\Status). Connect the input channel of the statusindicator to the central channel of the server and it will show you the current status during the simulation run.
Longstreet

Post by Longstreet »

It keeps saying: "Waiting for Operator"

I also took the liberty in linking it to the second server, which says: "Idle"

Thanks for the help so far!

Regards,

Longstreet
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi Longstreet,

Apparently the operator in your model is not going to the server? Is the operator not moving at all? We really cannot reproduce the problem. The model is running in ED7 until the latest version. The model is straight forward and I cannot find any missing links or code. My last suggestion is: close ED, reopen ED and then open the model file that you attached to the community topic.

Regards,

Marlies