2 Assemblers, 3 Servers

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
Longstreet

2 Assemblers, 3 Servers

Post by Longstreet »

Hey,

I've been stuck for quite a while now, with no idea how to solve this problem.

Basically, there are 2 sources, which give out a product, this gets into the first Assembler, which then gives it out to a random open server. These servers then have a waiting frame and then send it out to the queue which waits until the last server is done with it and either sends it to the exit or (30% chance) to the second Assembler, which is also linked to the first 3 servers, to rotate once more.

The problem I find is, that the first Assembler gets more priority then the second one. Which leads to the program not running at all, when 2 products are going to the second assembler after each other. It causes a clog.

I can't add any other buffers to the program, and I think I need to do some priority programming on exit and on entry of sorts. However, I'm stumped on how to start this, as my programming skills aren't that developed and only have moderate knowledge on Java and C/C++.

I attached my .mod file for reference.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and feedback!
Attachments
opdr2.mod
(34.93 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
marlies

Re: 2 Assemblers, 3 Servers

Post by marlies »

Hi Longstreet,

I checked your model and found out that the 2nd input channel of the 2nd assembler is not connected to any atom. So when a product enters this assembler, the assembler keeps waiting for the contents from the 2nd channel but they will never arrive. So I suggest to connect this channel to an atom or to use a server for this process instead of an assembler.

Once you get this running, you might want to give the products coming from the 2nd assembler of the servers priority over the first assembler. You can do that by changing the option Input Strategy on the servers.

Regards,

Marlies
Longstreet

Post by Longstreet »

Hey Marlies,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I understand now why it doesn't work. Your post was really helpful, thank you for that.

However, now I'm adressing the problem of the sources not outputting the same amount at the same time, for some reason. Source1 seems to always have more products than Source2.
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi Longstreet,

That is because of the b.o.m. table in your first assembler. The setting is that you pack 4 products (from the 2nd source) into a container (from the 1st source). As the output of the sources is blocked most of the time (the conveyors are full) the sources produce as many as they can. Which will be for the 2nd server 4 times the amount of the 1st server. Try out 1 and 1 in the b.o.m. and the servers get the same output.

Regards,

Marlies
Longstreet

Post by Longstreet »

Wow.. That I had missed that.

Shows how untidy I am.

Thanks for the great help, Marlies! I've finally finished the whole assignment.
marlies

Post by marlies »

By the way, for explanation of the !!! in the sources please check the following topic:
!!! in source atom