distribution from 2 x sources to a conveyor

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
christian123456

distribution from 2 x sources to a conveyor

Post by christian123456 »

Hi all,

I have another problem/ question. Would be great if somebody has an answer... :)

I have 2 x products and each is connected to 1 x source - meaning 2 sources in total. One sources creates 50 products/ min and the other 5 products/ min at a random time (these 5 indicate damaged units). The 2 x sources are connected to the same acc. conveyor. The acc. conveyor shall always take 50 products/ min - meaning that it should take the 50 products and only if there is another product (one of the 5 x damage units/min that come at a random time) available it should take the damaged product instead. 50 products/ min on that acc. conveyor shall not be exceeded.

Maybe somthing is possible like an input strategy for an acc. conveyor that it looks if there is a damaged unit available and if not it takes a product from the other source?!

Thanks guys!! :)
christian123456

Re: distribution from 2 x sources to a conveyor

Just found the answer myself... I found the advanced acc. conveyor and made use of the input strategy and selected:
"3. Longest waiting: Accept product from the atom whose first product entered earliest (if all queues are empty then open all channels and wait) "
Bram de Vries

Post by Bram de Vries »

Hello Christian,

Maybe I don't understand your situation completely, but I was wondering if your solution does not offer what you want when your conveyor is ready to accept a new product and at that moment both a regular and a damaged product are waiting and the regular product has been waiting longer. In this case the regular product would be accepted before the damaged product.

What you could also do is connect the source for the damaged products to the first inputchannel of your conveyor, connect the other source to the second inputchannel and then use this input strategy for the conveyor: 1. Any inputchannel.

This input strategy operates in such a way that everytime there are products present in both sources, it will first take the product from the source connected to the first inputchannel.

Hopefully this is useful for you, but feel free to ignore it if I misunderstood your initial question :D

Kind regards,

Bram
christian123456

Hi Bram,

you understood me completely correct.Thanks for Feedback. I changed the way my model was built up and now it also works with an ordinary acc. conveyor.

Thank you!! :)