Buffer Conveyor

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
ttarkan

Buffer Conveyor

Post by ttarkan »

Hi Everyone,
I am new in this community but I have used Enterprise Dynamics Software a few times before and I like it a lot.
I have a presentation tomorrow about a model I have built earlier on ED. I have used "buffer conveyors" instead of non accumulating conveyors in some parts of the model but I dont know what would be equivalent to in real life. Can you tell me what is the difference between
1) accummulating conveyor
2) non accummulating conveyor
3) buffer conveyor
if you can relate each to something in real life like 1) = chain conveyor, 2) = belt conveyor what would be 3) ?
I would be glad if you can help me with my question.
Best regards,
MatthijsJongboer

Re: Buffer Conveyor

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hello ttarkan.
Welcome to the community.
The buffer conveyor indeed is somewhat more difficult to explain.
The help should put you in the right direction:
The Buffer Conveyor atom is a belt conveyor (Non Accumulating Conveyor) with some special buffer options.
If a Product atom enters, the conveyor closes the input channels. When the atom that entered is conveyed by its length (and an additional product spacing), the input channel opens again.

The products are conveyed until the first atom on the conveyor has reached the end and cannot be moved out. If this situation occurs the whole conveyor will stop.

To give an example this might be best explained using the supermarket cashier. You put your products on the belt conveyor (2) until they reach the cashier. When the products are enter into the cash register they roll down the roller conveyor (1). Now, when the belt conveyor is full, you place a product on it when space becomes available. This has now become a buffer conveyor (3).