3D model

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
giovanni

3D model

Post by giovanni »

Hello

i try to use 3D model for the animation. But when i update them to my model, some side are with color and others are white.
How can i solve this problem?
Thank
Giovanni
HarryBunnik

Re: 3D model

Post by HarryBunnik »

Hello Giovanni,

Are the colors changing when you rotate the camera around the object? Because that might indicate that there are 2 polygons drawn on top of each other. In that case the 3D model has to be "cleaned".

If that is not the case, you could send me your model (if your prefer you can do via PM), so I can have a closer look at it.

Cheers,

Harry
giovanni

Post by giovanni »

Hello

this is an example.
I think is something about the vector of the plains when I export the model.

Thank a lot
Giovanni
Attachments
Nave.wrl
(2.71 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Hello Giovanni,

I checked the model, but that seems to be fine. Which version of ED are you using? I tried it under ED 8.2 and 9 and both show no white areas.

Are you by any change scaling the object? This may have some strange effects on the coloring of the object.

Otherwise it might be an option for you to send me a small test model in which this effect shows?

Cheers,

Harry
giovanni

Post by giovanni »

Hi
ok I attached i folder with a simple model the 3d model and a screen shoot.

thank
Giovanni
Attachments
ed3D.zip
(476.01 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Hello Giovanni,

I'm a bit confused, since in the picture and ED-model you send me, is see no white areas as you were mentioning earlier? I see the turquoise and the dark (shadow) sides, but no white fields. Which is shown is, is more or less what I would expect...

Ok, the colour is a bit off and you swapped the model around by scaling it over Z-axis with a positive value, instead of a negative values. And I see that the faces of the 3D object are all directed inward. but I see no white areas.

So where am I misunderstanding your problem?

Cheers,

Harry
giovanni

Post by giovanni »

Hello

yep the problem is about this dark face!

i try to scale with negative value in Z but i got the same results, with the figure in opposite direction.
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Giovanni,

Now I understand your problem. I think that if you flip the polygons, your problem should be solved. At the moment all polygons are pointing inwards. In the attached picture, I have your 3D model "Nave" one time as the original (the black version) and one time with all polygons flipped (the blue, shorter version). I think the last one, is what you were expecting?

I hope this helps you to solve your problem.

Cheers,

Harry
Attachments
FlippedPolygons.jpg
FlippedPolygons.jpg (48.97 KiB) Viewed 9275 times
giovanni

Post by giovanni »

hello!!

Yep how did you do?
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

I used a 3D drawing program to flip the polygons. Perhaps the program in which you have created the 3D objects can do it or otherwise I think Blender 3D (Freeware) can do the trick for you, but I have no real experience with that program.

Cheers,

Harry