3D Model - Importing Problem

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
LAC-Ferrara

3D Model - Importing Problem

Post by LAC-Ferrara »

Good morning

in order to use in ED a customized 3d model I asked to a 3D model provider to realized it.

However, I am having some problems while I am trying to upload the models because ED says that "the object contains mashes with less than 3 vertices per face, it must be broken"

Given that I am not able to give him a valuable feedback in order to solve the problem, I kindly ask you if you can provide us with a suggestion.

Thanks
Greetings
Andrea
HarryBunnik

Re: 3D Model - Importing Problem

Post by HarryBunnik »

Hello Andrea,

That is indeed a strange message, which I also get when I load your 3D model (a .3ds file). It is especially strange, since when I open it (after converting it to a Lightwave file format, the 3D software I use), there is nothing out of the ordinary. When I then convert it back to a ".3ds" file, there a no problems with loading it into ED. Alone saving it in in the converting program, already solves the problem for ED.

So it looks as if the converter tool "fixes" the problem, where ED is more picky. However that is not helping you in defining the problem to your provider.

From the message, it appears as if there are polygons (or faces) within the object that have less then 3 points (or vertexes). But as said, since it is solved with the conversion I can't see if this is the case.

I hope it helps you a bit further or that there is someone else on the community who has similar experiences (and answers ;) ),

Cheers,

Harry