Creation of an advanced network with Dispatchers

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
adelhaye

Creation of an advanced network with Dispatchers

Post by adelhaye »

Hello,

I want to make a advanced networks for advanced transporters in one of my simulations.
In my problematic, there are 1..n zones that include 1..n destination for the advanced transporters.

The total number of outputs will be more than 255.

In order to expand the capacity of my network, and to allow the evolution of my system (to add new zones with 1..n destinations to the transporters), I have already tried to cascad 2 dispatchers, but I didn't succeed in the choice of the output of the advanced transporter.

Do you have a suggestion to solve this problem ?

Thanks,

Antoine, Oxylane
SimonvdW

Re: Creation of an advanced network with Dispatchers

Post by SimonvdW »

Dear Antoine,

Could you please specify your question a little more? I would like to understand your problem to be able to help.

A dispatcher is used to assign a certain truck. So, more than 255 channels should only be used when there are more than 255 trucks. Is this the case?

The destinator is connecting to the number of output locations, where trucks can unload. More than 255 output are needed when the total number of destinations (racks or drop locations) exceeds 255.

If you have several subsystems, you could maybe consider to separate independent zones, by creating different areas with their own dispatcher, transporters and destinators.

Regards, Simon
adelhaye

Post by adelhaye »

Hi !

I'm sorry, my problem is using destinators and no dispatchers. The idea is to deserve severals subsystems (each subsystem is a different architecture) with destinators. First I want to select the subsystem, and then, select the output inside the subsystem.

I can't join an example, why ?

Antoine D
SimonvdW

Post by SimonvdW »

Hi Antoine,

It is possible to increase the number of channels to a number larger than 255. The channels tab in the atom editor shows that it is maximized to 255. You can of course increase this value.

However this means that you have to connect all channels to this 1 destinator.

Do you really need to connect all transporters to all destinations, or can you create subsystems with different networks?
I added a sample model (by uploading the attachment to the post), which I turned into an example with 3 subsystems.

Regards,
Simon
Attachments
WarehouseWithAdvancedTransportersAnd3networks.mod
(168.09 KiB) Downloaded 280 times