Advanced Transporter Operations Time

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
Thor

Advanced Transporter Operations Time

Post by Thor »

Hello,

I want to keep record of the operations time of an advanced transporter that I control manually (i.e. auto load/unload is off and I only use the commands advancedtransporter_pickatom, ..._placeatom and ...setdestination).

I cannot figure out how to obtain the time that the transporter is doing something. It must be logged somewhere, as the status (in percent) can be seen when I turn on the History for the atom. I would like to write it to an attribute on the AD.

Best regards
Thorsten
Nick

Re: Advanced Transporter Operations Time

Post by Nick »

Hi Thorsten,

I think you are looking for the function 'TimeForStatus(e1, e2, e3, e4)'. The function calculates the time that a specific status occurred at a specified atom.

For more information about this function please look for 'TimeForStatus' in the Help.

Regards, Nick
Thor

Post by Thor »

Thanks Nick! That'll work.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Hi Nick,

using the TimeForStatus function I experience difficulties:

1) Error: "Do" Invalid pointer operation: OnEntered at "Do": Read beyond End of File (Time For Status)
2) Error: Out of Memory

Questions:
- Does the history use a lot of memory and therefore I get this error? (My model runs over 20 years)
- I run the simulation simultaneously on multiple computers. Storage is central network drive. The model file is saved in a separate folder for each computer. The workfolder is the same for all computers. I found the files "ed.his" and "ed.anl" in the workfolder. Is it possible that all the simulations being executed on different PCs make use of these files and therefore collide?

I appreciate your reply.

Best regards
Thorsten
Thor

Post by Thor »

Ok, question 1 is solved.

Concerning the memory. How can I make ED consume less memory? It appears that ED slows down significantly over time. After completion of a simulation (10 years of simulation time), I export the results into excel and then reset and start another run (different seed value) - all via 4Dscript. The first run takes some 3h, the second 5-6h, the third 9h, the fourth 13h. On the 5th run the error: "out of memory" appeared and stopped the simulation.

What is the reason for this behaviour? Is there any way to purge the memory in between runs via 4Dscript?

As I need to do several runs and leave machines running over night/weekend I would appreciate some guidance.

Best regards
Thorsten
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hi Thorsten,

This topic might help you:
s-t112.html

Regards, Nick
Thor

Post by Thor »

Hi Nick,

thanks for your reply. However, I'm not sure if the linked information is of any use for me as I do not use the experiment wizard. After a given time period, I write my data (tables) to excel via activeX. Then the simulation is restarted (via 4Dscript).

I use the function TimeForStatus. In order to use it, general history is turned on and the one or two atoms that use the TimeForStatus function are selected.

Is there any way how I can stop this massive slow-down-process of the simulation runs?

Best regards
Thorsten
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hi Thorsten,

Using the Experiment Wizard probably is the easiest way to speed up your model. The Wizard is specifically build for setting up experiments with multiple runs. The build-in performance measure 'STATUS' measures exactly the same as TimeForStatus. Also, if you want to write additonal data to excel you can use the 'trigger on end of run'.

Regards, Nick