Subway Station

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
saeed

Subway Station

Post by saeed »

Hi
I am going to simulate a single subway station. I have a problem at how to model entering train.
for ex: i have a queue with 100 capacity, i want an atom when being activate (cycle time) decrease a queue with specified capacity (ex:50) simultaneously like real trains in stations after that my queue is 50 capacity and waiting for next activate.
Thanks
Nick

Re: Subway Station

Post by Nick »

Hi Saeed,

An option would be to assign passengers to trains using the assembler.

- You’ll need two sources: one for trains, one for passengers.
- The output of the source atom ‘train’ should be connected to the first input channel of the assembler. The first input channel of the assembler represents the container, the train. The second input channel represents the content, the passengers.
- The capacity of the trains is determined by the B.O.M. table of the assembler atom. (1 train, 50 passengers.)
- The train cannot wait until there are 50 passengers. Therefore, the number of passengers waiting in the queue (with a capacity of 50) is written to the B.O.M. table of the assembler. See the trigger on exit of the source atom 'train'.
- There are two queues: one for passengers that fit into the train (50) and one for the rest of the passengers (50), (total capacity 100).
- In other words, the train source atom asks for the content of the second queue and adjusts the capacity of the assembler to the number of passengers waiting in the second queue.

Please take a look at the attached example model.

Regards, Nick
Attachments
example_subway.mod
Example Subway
(12.56 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
saeed

Re: Subway Station

Post by saeed »

Special thank Nick, it is working well.
Regards Saeed