Advanced Transporter

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
Marc99

Advanced Transporter

Post by Marc99 »

Hello,
I try to model an offshore terminal for wind-farms. In this model I want to use a few advanced transporter representing "Self-Propelled Modular Transporter" (SPMT). For the transport of some components i need more than one SPMT. Is it possible to send two or three advanced transporter to the same transport job?
Thanks in advance and regards,
Marc
marlies

Re: Advanced Transporter

Post by marlies »

Hi Marc,

Unfortunately it's not possible to send to transporters to the same job. However, using a workaround it should be possible to model the situation. I made an example model which contains two optional solutions. Maybe one of them could work for you, this depends also on the required level of modelling detail.

The options are:
- Once a transport task arrives, create a copy of the product. Now the dispatcher calls 2 transporters to transporter the original product and its copy. In the model you'll find 2 queues directly behind each other. I used the "transport" between these 2 queues to make sure that the transport to the final destination doesn't start before both transporters arrived at the job.
- Another option is to use the operator instead of the transporter. For the operator it is possible to call 2 operators for 1 job. As the operators do not transport the product, the transportation time is modelled as a server.

Hope that this gives you an idea how you could model your situation.

Regards, Marlies
Attachments
20131023_Transporters.mod
(58.54 KiB) Downloaded 320 times