Portal Crane

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
mo.ahmadi.mo

Portal Crane

Post by mo.ahmadi.mo »

Dear,

I'm stating to use portal crane, could you please give me some learning guide or tutorial for portal crane setting and its 4DS.
Thanks
mo.ahmadi.mo

Re: Portal Crane

Post by mo.ahmadi.mo »

Dear,

distinctly, I want to know how can I write 4DS in "send to" and "input strategy" in order to make a sequence for crane.

Thanks
menno

Post by menno »

Dear Mo,

Have you tried the example model 'Portal crane.mod'? You can find it here:
[Folder where you have installed ED]\Work\Examples\English\Transport\Portal crane.mod

You might find it useful!

If you want to enter 4D Script into the input strategy or send to, then click on the the arrow of the combobox. An option will fold out, next to it is a little square, when your mouse hovers above it, it shows the hint 'Push to edit as 4D Script'. Push it and you can enter 4D Script.

Good luck!

Kind regards,
Menno
mo.ahmadi.mo

Post by mo.ahmadi.mo »

Dear Menno,

Thanks a lot, now i'm one step ahead.
mo.ahmadi.mo

Post by mo.ahmadi.mo »

Dear,

The sequence that I try to have in "Input strategy", enclosed, could you please help me to write related 4DS codes.
Thanks
Attachments
Crane cycle.pdf
(129.3 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
menno

Post by menno »

Hello Mo,

I took a brief look at your crane cycle.pdf and think that it might be possible to handle these situations just with code on 'Input strategy'. What you have to do is first think of all possible transfers that you will need and which ones have higher priority than others (otherwise you might end up in a deadlock situation).

Your final code might be looking like this:

Code: Select all

Do(
  var([valIC], vbValue),

Case(
    WhichIsTrue(
      {conditions of the system state when crane must pick something from machine connected to input channel 1}
      And(
        status(in(1,c)) = 5,
        status(in(2,c)) = 1
      ),
      {conditions of the system state when crane must pick something from machine connected to input channel 2}
      {conditions of the system state when crane must pick something from machine connected to input channel 3}
      {conditions of the system state when crane must pick something from machine connected to input channel 4}
    ),
    valIC := 1,
    valIC := 2,
    valIC := 3,
    valIC := 4
  ),

if(
    valIC <> 0,
    openic(valIC, c),
    OpenAllIC(c)
  )
)
For someone to build something like I described, some level of knowledge of the working of the ED atoms is required I think. I will take some time in testing and adapting to code to make sure all possible cases are covered.

Good luck!

Menno
mo.ahmadi.mo

Post by mo.ahmadi.mo »

Thanks Menno

The attached model perform the cycle without 4D script, please let me know your opinion.

Thanks
Attachments
Crane Cycle.mod
(66.17 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
menno

Post by menno »

Hello Mo,

I do not see any logic, other that the standard options on the input strategy. If this leads to the correct working of your model, then it is okay.
Are you sure you know want to achieve with your model and how it should work? You cannot make a correct model, when you do not know how it should work.

Kind regards,
Menno