3 products 1 source!

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
Ryan1990

3 products 1 source!

Post by Ryan1990 »

Hi
I'm very new to ED and finding it quite difficult, any help will be much appreciated.

I'm trying to use a single source to produce 3 different items one by one

I have set up within the source, trigger on creation:

Icon(i) := Uniform(19,21)

which produces the three different colours (blue, brown and pink) however a uniform distribution isn't correct. I wish for it to be 1 blue, 1 brown, and 1 pink and then repeat, repeat, repeat etc... thus setting the label. What distribution should i be using? And how do I type it in?
This is then sent to a robot that places them onto the required conveyor.

Again I'm having problems with the robot... I haven't come across any examples how to have a three way split, all example only have a 2 was split.

I want label 19 to go to channel 1, label 20 to channel 2 and label 21 to channel 3...

At present i have:

if(icon(rank(1,c)) = 19, 1, 3)

As fair as I understand the above means... if the label is 19 then send to channel 1 else send to channel 3.... How do I added in if label is 20 then send to channel 2?

Many thanks
Ryan
marlies

Re: 3 products 1 source!

Post by marlies »

Hi Ryan,

I made small example for you, which you can find in the attachment. Some comments on the model:

- Instead of using 1 source, I implemented 3 different sources. The 3 sources are all connected to the queue. When you look at the settings of the queue, you will see that I changed the Input Strategy of the queue. This strategy determines which input channel will be opened to let the next product entered. I used the standard strategy Round Robin, which will make make your products arrive in the order you described.
- Please have a look at the Exit trigger of the sources to. There I assign a label named Type to the products. Products leaving source 1 get this Label with the value 1, from source 2 with the value 2 etc.
- In the sendto statement of server 5, you will see how to use this Label Type to send the products to the right channel. As the Label has value 1,2 or 3. You can just send the product to the corresponding channels 1,2 or 3 and you don't need to check the icon numbers. I think this option to be faster and easier.

Good luck!

Regards, Marlies
Attachments
20130226_3Products1Source.mod
(36.78 KiB) Downloaded 361 times