Inserting products in empty spaces of fixed spaced conveyor

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
janpieter

Inserting products in empty spaces of fixed spaced conveyor

Post by janpieter »

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a discharge belt which has a fixed product spacing of for example 20 cm. What I want to realize is that robots or servers put products on this discharge belt, when there is an empty space on the belt. The robots can be positioned at multiple places along the discharge belt. I have tried splitting the discharge belt into several belts and giving each robot its own part, but the spacing from one belt to the other is not maintained correctly, and they stop for a moment when 2 products are added to the next belt (one by previous belt, one by robot/server).

The supply line moves in the opposite direction of the discharge belt, this will result in the first robot on the supply line = the last robot on the discharge belt, this robot will have the hardest time getting rid of its product, I want to get an idea of what the waiting time will be with different handling times and line speeds.

does anyone have an idea on how to implement this.

Thanks in advance!
marlies

Re: Inserting products in empty spaces of fixed spaced conve

Post by marlies »

Hello,

Your approach to use several conveyor parts seems ok to me. I made a small example for you where I implemented something similar using Advanced Accumulation Conveyors. The advantage of these conveyors is the option to use sensors.
I used the sensors on the 1st conveyor to set a label priority on that conveyor. In the input strategy of the next conveyor I check this label to determine if a product is approaching. If not it is possible to allow a product from server 2 to enter.

There are many parameters you may use to get the required result. I changed:
- The input strategy of conveyor 2
- sensors for conveyor 1.
- I set a fixed capacity on both conveyors, depending on the conveyor length and the size of the products.

I hope that it gives you some ideas to continue.

Regards, Marlies
Attachments
20130205_Conveyors.mod
(21.97 KiB) Downloaded 363 times