Advanced ASRS

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
S16

Advanced ASRS

Post by S16 »

Hello,
I am a beginner with Enterprise Dynamics and I want to use an Advanced ASRS in my model with the pick strategy: "External call (message to ASRS with pointer of assigned product)"
Unfortunately I do not have a clue how to implement this external call in my model - can somebody give me a hint for it?
Thank you in advance!
S16
marlies

Re: Advanced ASRS

Post by marlies »

Hi,

I prepared a small example model for you, see attachment. I implemented the following:

- Boxes from source 2 are placed in the ASRS rack.
- Source 7 generates pallets and sends them to an assembler.
- In the entrytrigger of the assembler you will find the code to "call" the first pallet from the asrs rack. This is done by sending a message to the asrs with a atom reference to the box you want. In this case: first(rank(4, out(2,c))) which means: the first box first() in the rack atom which is rank(4, out(2,c)) where out(2,c) is the ASRS as I connected the 2nd output channel of the assembler to the ASRS.
- In combination with the strategy "external call" this will make the asrs wait for a message (send by the assembler) to pick a product.

For more information about the atom references see also the basic tutorial annex "a first start in 4D script".

Hope that this gives you an idea how to continue.

Regards, Marlies
Attachments
Tutorial ED Annexes - a first start in 4DScript.pdf
(65.86 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
20130103_ASRS.mod
(42.72 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
S16

Re: Advanced ASRS

Post by S16 »

Thank you for your help!!