Ground Storage

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
Heimann

Ground Storage

Post by Heimann »

Hello

I have problem with Ground Storage,

Q.1:
I need to determine 3 row for every Product separately, such as
row number 1 for R with value 1,
row number 2 for R with value 2,
row number 3 for R with value 3
in the attached model I used Queue indiscipline number 4:Sort by Label Ascending
with this syntax model sent product to the random row!!
Heimann

Re: Ground Storage

Post by Heimann »

Excuse me
I forgot Attach my Ed file
Attachments
Z1.mod
Ground Storage
(80.05 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
Heimann

Post by Heimann »

Hi,

I Think must define Cells for each row,Do you think correctly?

Regard
HeimannD
Markus Holzner

Post by Markus Holzner »

Hi,

the Queue Discipline defines the rank of each product within the ground storage atom (see tree view).
Normally, with default strategy "Fifo" each new product is placed at the end of the queue within the storage atom.
By that way you can change that seqeunce.

The Input Strategy is used to define from which location (in your case from which Server) a product is taken. By that way you can define a preferable location a product gets picked.

So, both of these strategies do not help when it's about placing certain products at a specific storage location.

For that purpose, you have to set the two fields: "Put in row" and "Put in column".
There are by default two labels "row" and "column" that are zero in case you do not give them a value.
So, you have two options now:
1. Either replace that labels with your on labels (e.g. for "row" you can use yor label "R")
2. Or you stick with these labels and give them a value (see model attached - labels are set in ExitTrigger of each Server).
Label "row" is easy just set it to label "R", for label "column" you can define basically any column you want.
In the model attached I introduced a label "Counter_Output" that is updated each time a product leaves the Server.
That way, you start for each type of product in "row" 1, 2, or 3 and column 1 and go on to column n.

I hope that this explanation together with the model attached will help you!

Regards,
Markus
Attachments
Z1_mho.mod
(81.64 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
Heimann

Post by Heimann »

Hi Markus Holzner

Thanks for your reply
I have one problem,I need define Re order point and Quantities for order in Warehouse,I saw only in kanban can define these parameters, How can i do?I think can use Tree view and change number of input and output for kanban,this way correct?beacause I need 3 input and output Chanels .

Regards
HeimannD
Attachments
Z-P3-R1.mod
(83.32 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
Markus Holzner

Post by Markus Holzner »

Hi,

I have to admit that I do not really get your intentions.

Can you therefore please give me more details on what you plan to do?

How does the basic material flow look like?
What should be done when? What atoms trigger which actions?
What and where is the re-order point? What quantities do you mean (referring to what kind of atom/where in the model)?

So, the more info I get, the better I may help you.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Markus
Heimann

Post by Heimann »

Hi
in this case, I have 3 lines for production tires, after that all of them in their batch send to the Central Warehouse, in Central Warehouse I need to have 3 rows for each types (this section don’t have problem) after that, each type send to the their server to change batch(1in,B=1 out),then product send to the next small warehouse, have 3 rows for each type, after that 3 type customers enter and buy just one type,(buy with assembler atom)
in small warehouse I need 13000 type 1, 17000 type 2 and 7000 type 3 for each order, orders in small warehouse every months and if in their period of order, they have shortage for each types, central warehouse sent 2000 products just for that types have shortage, and sent with lead time=3days to small warehouse
This is my model
Thanks for your replies
Regards
HeimannD
Markus Holzner

Post by Markus Holzner »

Hi,

ok, I suppose I got the point.
It is about demand driven replensihment.

But let's start somewhere else first.
In the SendTo statement of the Ground Control7 atom there can be a 4dSript command but the result of it needs to be a value that matches your output channels (in your case a valid return value is either 1, 2 or 3). Therefore a command like OpenOutput does not help here!
Nevertheless, working with OpenOutput and Closeoutput is right way to solve the demand driven supply.
I added a Closeoutput command for Ground Control7 in the Initialize atom to close the output at model start so that the products do not pass the Ground Control7 immediately. That way I build some stock in Ground Control7.
I intruduced one more atom UserEvents that intends release products after a certain time (2 hr).

Then products move via the Server atoms to Ground Storage Retailer atom.
In here I used the Entry- and ExitTrigger to control the flow out of Ground Storage7.
In the model attached, I close the output of Ground Storage Retailer when the content of Ground Storage Retailer is bigger than 10 and I open it again when the content dropped under 5 products.
That way I control the flow out of Ground Storage7 by the content within Ground Storage Retailer.

You probably need some other figures and maybe place the OpenOutput and CloseOutput commands on some other atom (e.g. Ground Storage7) or use the UserEvents to trigger those releases. But that is basically the way it needs to be done.
Use CloseOutput and OpenOutput in Entry-/ExitTrigger of an atom and check on the content to trigger that.

Furthermore, I recommand to split both your GroundStorage atoms in 3 atoms (one for each type). That makes it easier to plan and get your supply (otherwise you need to introduce labels on the content of each type, get the correct queue position for a product release and lots more - that is possible of course but way more complicated!).

So, I hope I could help you with it! Good luck.

Regards,
Markus
Attachments
Z-P3-R1_mho.mod
(86.47 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
Heimann

Post by Heimann »

Hello Markus

Thanks for your replies and your guide, I changed model as you said, I have 2 Question at this time,
I have Problem with times scale, How Can change time scale? in model I set:
open output General warehouse after hr(160) (because of conceptual model and specification of project), model have many times to run!!!

and,
I need Reorder point for quantity=1000 in the Retailers warehouse(all 6 retailers warehouse) and quantity=2000 in each order can perform In addition quantity exist in 4D script of tri. in Exit at the General warehouse, quantity =2000 only use for orders in shortage,

Regards
Heimann
Attachments
P3-R2-910824-2-8H.mod
(384.76 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
Markus Holzner

Post by Markus Holzner »

Hi,

ok, I guess by scaling the time you mean to go fast forward to the point of 160 hours.
As you call events during that time (production) you probably can not simply skip that part.

So, we need to speed up the model first. I accomplished that by replacing the Ground Storage atoms with Queue atoms.
Now the model runs to the point of 160 hours in a couple of seconds.

Then via the UserEvents atom I trigger an initial supply for the 6 retailers (2200 products for each Ground Storage split on 2 retailers each with Bernoulli). The products move out of the retailer (based on customer buys probably) and when the content drops under 1000, I reorder 2000 products (see ExitTrigger retailer) from the referring Ground storage. But remember, based on your SendTo statement within the Ground storage you split that supply so that the other retailer also gets its share of the supply even if the stock is still well over 1000!
For the supply I introduced 2 labels for each Ground Storage AmountSupply and SupplyCalled.
The first acts like a counter that I release just the demanded amount of supply and the second is used to control the call of supply, so that there only one supply call for a ground storage can take place. The next call can only start when the previous call or basically the demanded amount has been released out of the GroundStorage.

So, I hope that gets close to your solution now. Good luck!

Regards,
Markus
Attachments
P3-R2-910824-2-8H_mho.mod
(299.01 KiB) Downloaded 327 times