multiple order picker

All topics on the Atoms in any Enterprise Dynamics Library.
rolsroberts

multiple order picker

Post by rolsroberts »

How should i model an assembly station with multiple order pickers? 2 picker schould pick randomly products for 2 differents freight forwarder.
.each picker schould use a colored case for picking. so we schould have 2 colored case for picking and the contains of cases could be different in color or in quantity. so its not based on the color of cases.

after the picking the cases will be sent trough 2 diffrents coveyors.the picker throw the products on the appropriate conveyor and the cases schould be re-used.

i thought about an assembly conveyor and container that i could use to assemble the products . how can i remove randomly the ware in the warehouse system. how can i model it please?

thanks for YOur Help !!
MarvinH

Re: multiple order picker

Post by MarvinH »

Hello,

Let's first check whether I understand your system correctly. You have two different types of cases, each with a different color to indicate the two different freight forwarders they will be sent to. The cases will be filled with products with random colors, the quantity may differ and does (or does not) depend to the freight forwarder. After the cases are filled, the full cases are put on a conveyor to move the products to the particular freight forwarder. When it reaches the freight forwarder, the products are removed from the case and the case is returned to the picker again.

To model this, first start with building two sources for the cases. Make sure you connect the sources to a container atom and not a product. Further there should be another source to create the products. All sources are connected to a queue, where the products can wait to be loaded or picked.

It is not possible to pick two cases with one assembler simultaneously. Instead you could just use two assemblers, both picking products/containers from the same queues.

You can put two conveyors behind the assemblers to move the filled cases to the freight forwarders. Place an unpack atom at the end of both conveyors. The products can be move to the freight forwarders (if they are present in your model, into a sink otherwise) and the cases can return to the queues that were connected to the sources of containers, based on the type.

Hopes this helps you, if not please return to this topic.

Further, I do not understand:
rolsroberts wrote:how can i remove randomly the ware in the warehouse system.
Please clarify this statement.

Kind regards,

Marvin