send products from GroundStorage to Transporter, after 3days

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
s.amin

send products from GroundStorage to Transporter, after 3days

Post by s.amin »

Hello,

I have a ground storage(g.s) in my model and I want my products (which stored in that ground storage), send to transporter after 3days staying. I mean my problem is that all products send to the transporter, as soon as reaching the ground storage !!.

Appreciate it help me how to solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Amin
HarryBunnik

Re: send products from GroundStorage to Transporter, after 3days

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Amin,

The ground storage indeed has no controls, so you will have to create such a control yourself.

An easy way to do that is to split your product using a Server (1 in, B out where B is then 2) and mark those 2 products so you can link them.

One product you send to the Ground Storage (make sure that you use CloseOutput(c) on the OnEntry of the Ground Storage).

The other product you send into you "controls", in this case a parallel line with a Muli Service atom in which you set the process time to 3 days. Once a product leaves the Multi Service, you open the Ground Storage (make a link from the Multi Service by adding a second outgoing channel and connecting it to the Ground Storage its central channel) using OpenOutput(out(2,c)).
In your case all products have the same staying time, otherwise you would have to search for the product with the same label as you had left the Mutli Service.

Of course, if you leave it standing open all other products of within the Ground Storage products will flow out. If you close it and another product is already waiting to be picked up as well, it can be that you leave a product behind. So you may need some additional administration to check for such occurrences. It can also be that you don't need it since you crane is fast enough to handle this.

I hope this helps you a bit further,

Cheers,

Harry
s.amin

Re: send products from GroundStorage to Transporter, after 3days

Post by s.amin »

thanks a million, Harry. I will try it and let you know what happens.