AS/RS with portal crane

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
Renata K

AS/RS with portal crane

Post by Renata K »

Hello

I have created an AS/RS model where a portal crane performs storage operations. In model the portal crane picks up a product to a storage and after retrieves a product to server. But in model the crane is located by the server, waiting for server to be available to be able to send a product there. But I need that:

1. The crane continues to pick up products to the storage if the sever status is busy

2. The crane starts to transfer from the storage to server, only if storage is filled more than 50%

How it can be done?

Here is my model
Automated storage1 .mod
(58.17 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Thank you
HarryBunnik

Re: AS/RS with portal crane

Post by HarryBunnik »

Hello Renata K,

What you have to do, is to tell in the input strategy of the crane where the next product must come from.

So, for instance, you have to calculate the maximum possible content of the warehouse. Then you can divide the current content of the warehouse with this max. content and see if that exceeds a certain trigger. If that is not the case, you only open the 1st incoming channel of the crane. Else you open, for instance, 50% of the time channel one, otherwise channel 2.

I've made some adjustments to your model, to show you.
Automated storage1 HB.mod
(63.05 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
The crane now continues with placing products into the storage. Once the 50% threshold is reached, the crane also starts picking up products from the warehouse and transports them to the server.

I hope it helps you further,

Regards,

Harry
Renata K

Post by Renata K »

Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated.

One more question.

What does the Data recorder (Cycletime) computes in my case? I guess that how much time is one product situated in warehouse, but my goal was to compute one cycle of portal crane, or dual-command cycle. Dual-command cycle= The crane gets product from Queue, stores it to storage, take up a product (doesn't matter same product or not) and retrieves it to the server. I want to know how much time does crane need to do one cycle.
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Hello Renata K,

If you want to achieve that, I would use a label where you write the time (Label([CycleTime1], i) := Time) on the Product when it leaves the queue (OnExit trigger). When you then subtract this label from the time at which that same product enters the warehouse and store it in the label again, you have the CycleTime1 for your product.

Then you have to the same for the OnExit of the warehouse and the entry of the server (perhaps on a different label).

In the recorder, you can then write these 2 labels away.

I hope this helps you further,

Cheers,

Harry
Renata K

Post by Renata K »

You know, I have to say, you are absolutely brilliant:))))
Renata K

Post by Renata K »

Hello once again

Would you please advice how to make Portal crane to put Input product to the closest location to conveyors position, to decrease mean of travel time between conveyors and warehouse slot/locations?
Input empir dis class-based AS .mod
(58.93 KiB) Downloaded 202 times