ground storage waiting time

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
joseph

ground storage waiting time

Post by joseph »

Hey dear community,
It would be great full to help me to do something with my ground storage (or anything else) to make my products stay in ground storage for specific time, and after that they are allowed to leave. The model is attached bellow and I will appreciate if you answer me with attaching your model.
Attachments
simple dwell time.zip
(23.83 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
HarryBunnik

Re: ground storage waiting time

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Joseph,

You might want to have a look at:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=894&p=3127&hilit=storage#p3127

Regards,

Harry
joseph

Post by joseph »

Hi harry

Thank you for your answer.
Actually using from server did not works in the model. In my model I need a relation between a portal crane and a ground storage (like a container storage yard in a container terminal), in this model remaining time of each product varies from another, at the other hand Maybe I need to manage numbers of products by cranes at the same time in the future.
Please help me in 4d script code to manage the crane to handle products in ground storage.

Best regards.
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Joseph,

Can you tell me in which version of Enterprise Dynamics you're working? Then I can use the same version. That makes the exchange of the model easier.

Gr. Harry
joseph

Post by joseph »

Hi harry,

Enterprise dynamics 8.2 (logistics suite .app)
Thank you for your help .

Best regards
HarryBunnik

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Joseph,

I looked at your model and I would use a UserEvent atom for this.

A few steps have to be taken:

- An Event in the UserEvent must be built. This is a non-scheduled one (it must be created once a product enters the storage and can only then be scheduled).
- The code of the UserEvents is triggered once a certain time has passed (this will be a formula or some code determining the staying time of the product in the storage area).

On entry of the storage, we close the output of the storage (CloseOutput) and call the UserEvent. When the UserEvent finally fires (I set it to a fixed 30 sec.), the storage is opened (ensure that the correct product is placed in front of the storage) and it can be picked up by the crane.

Once the product left the storage, we have to check if the then first product is already allowed to leave the ground storage, or not. If not, we close the ground storage again. Otherwise, we keep it open. To do that I place a label on each product that is allowed to leave (CanBeReleased).

You will have to update the Input strategy of the crane to ensure that the products are picked up in the correct order. With the "longest queue" option the crane will be waiting for the storage area to finally release a product since its capacity if much larger then that of the queue "G7". I set it for now to Any Input.

I've added this to your model, so you can have a look at it. In here I added several error messages so you can see what is when triggered.
5 - dwell ED8.2.mod
(27.32 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
I hope this helps you further,

Harry