Change of ECM path when stop then play

All topics related to questions in Pedestrian Dynamics
Ken8891

Change of ECM path when stop then play

Post by Ken8891 »

Hi,

Just a quick question, when the simulation starts running, the passageway is set to unavailable. Can the simulation be stop and change the passageway to bidirectional and start running without reset? Will the ECM path change to the change passageway?

The changing of passageway to bidirectional is through TCP/IP.
marlies

Re: Change of ECM path when stop then play

Post by marlies »

Hi,

For this question I would like to refer to one of the example models which you can find in:
MyDocuments\Pedestrian Dynamics\3.1 (or 3.0 if you're using the previous version)\Example Models\evacuation\convention center evacuate 1.mod

The element to check is the Action Timer (right lower part of the model) this one initiates an evacuation after 50 minutes, but also changes the direction of all passageways to bidirectional.

It is also possible to change the direction of only a few (connected) passageways. In that case you'll have te create links between the action timer and the passageways. The links can be made visible using CTRL+R.

Regarding the tcp/ip I would like to refer to my other reply on your question about that topic viewtopic.php?f=11&t=868

Hope this helps.

Regards, Marlies