Problems with "Local Obstacle"

All topics related to questions in Pedestrian Dynamics
smith

Problems with "Local Obstacle"

Post by smith »

Hello! :-)

I used the local obstacle to block a certain area during the simulation run, but it doesn't work right: It just works the other way round.

So i can block a certain area form the beginning of the simulation run and it opens during the simulation run (i.e. after 5 minutes). But i can't block the area after a certain time during the run. In the settings of the local obstacle the option 'Blocking side' changes correctly to "both", but despite this shift the agents ignore the obstacle.

Maybe a known bug or i forgot something?
marlies

Re: Problems with "Local Obstacle"

Post by marlies »

Hi,

Please have a look at the attached example model. What it does:
- The localobstacle has default: enabled is false.
- Please note the reset code that disables the local obstacle onreset.
- The action timer is triggered after 2 minutes. This action timer enables the local obstacle using the the function LocalObstacle_UpdateEnabled.
- The action timer is connected to the local obstacle using a channel connections. The channels can be made visible using CTRL+R or by clicking in the Model Layout > View menu the button to the right.

Hope this helps, just let me know if anything isn't clear.

Kind Regards,

Marlies
Attachments
20160329_IncidentArea.mod
(142.74 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
smith

Re: Problems with "Local Obstacle"

Post by smith »

Thank you!! That's exactly what i needed!

In my version i used "ActionTimer_UpdateAllConnectedLocalObstacles(c, BLOCKINGSIDE_BOTH)" and as i mentioned it just works in the opposite sequence (using "BLOCKINGSIDE_NONE").

Your idea to set the right settings immediatly and just use the enable-function for the obstacle works really good! It seems that in your version the option "Blocking side" (right or both) doesn't effect the system. But it doen't matter, it works fine for me! Thanks!!

:D :)