Produce two different products with assembler

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
EvelineHermans

Produce two different products with assembler

Post by EvelineHermans »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong in the following model?
I want to produce either Blue or Green products. All products need a cap which is either blue or green (shown using the blue or black operator-icon).
If a blue icon/operator/cap enters the assembler I want to open channel 4 and close channel 5; and if a green icon/operator/cap enters the assembler I want to close channel 4 and open channel 4.

Therefore I gave the icon/operator/cap a value (0 = blue, 3 = green) after they leave their servers and I wrote a 4DScript on the ExitTrigger of the Queue where either a blue or a black cap leaves to the assembler. It seems that the

The receipe for the assembler is:
ch 1 - 1 piece
ch 2 - 20 pieces
ch 3 - 10 pieces
ch 4 - 5 pieces (or 0)
ch 5 - 5 pieces (or 0)

Thanks!

Eveline
Choose right colour.mod
(32.65 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
HarryBunnik

Re: Produce two different products with assembler

Post by HarryBunnik »

Ha Eveline,

I see you use OpenIC and CloseIC. Although these can be used for such purposes, these or mostly used for internal (withing an Atom itself) controlling of the behavior of the atom. This means that if you use these options to control the flows between atoms, it most likely won't work the way you expect it.

When you want a controlling mechanism over several atoms, you should use CloseOuput(ref...) and OpenOutput(ref...). These are more robust manners to control your flow. In your case, you would be closing the servers in front of your assembler.

I hope this helps you,

Cheers,

Harry
EvelineHermans

Re: Produce two different products with assembler

Post by EvelineHermans »

Thanks! However it took me some time it worked out and I also learned a lot :D