Warehouse with different products

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Dmitriy

Warehouse with different products

Post by Dmitriy »

Hi,
I am currently working on the student project and trying to finalize the system. Unfortunately, I know not much how the ED functions since it is only one semester in our program, and I did not have any experience with ED before. Can somebody help me with this?
First is a short description of the system is given, and then questions follow. Thanks a lot.

From the one side of the system a source provides an input of different types of products (product type range from 1 to 30) according to a given “Empirical Distribution”. Each product is labeled with an ID from 1 to 30 at the source (SetLabel([ProductType],distribution,i) , trigger on creation and is forwarded to the Warehouse. -=- Small question-=- --> how to attribute to each type of products a particular color, so one can visually differentiate the types of products.
From the other side of the system we have pallets provided to the system, and each pallet is labeled with an ID of clients (ranging from 1 to 139) (SetLabel([LeitV],KundeDistribution,i)) according to a given “Empirical Distribution”.
Products described in the first paragraph after the warehouse shall be placed to the pallets described in the second paragraph and dispatched.

I assume the order for each customer (for one of 1 – 139) to be generated randomly, and shall include two variables – (a) which type of products (from 1 to 30) and in which quantity (for example from 1 to 10) – shall be placed to the pallet and dispatched. Important is that dispatched types/quantity (i.e. given in the orders) shall correlate with the incoming from source quantity/types of products; otherwise the warehouse will be stocked with unnecessary products.
In this respect I have following questions:
--> How to realize within the ED, how to identify which products (from 1 to 30) and at which place are stored in the ware house?
--> How to realize within the ED, that as soon as the right quantity of products (accordingly to the randomly generated order) are available at the warehouse, these products to be taken out of warehouse and to be placed on a pallet, or to be transformed to one atom (which represents the pallet) and dispatched to the sink.

Thanks again for any hint!
marlies

Re: Warehouse with different products

Post by marlies »

Hello,

Your 1st question about setting the color depending on the producttype could be done using code like this (just add the required number of colors within the case statement, one for each producttype). On the product atom in your model, you will have to deselect the option Show 2D Icon in the visualization tab.

Code: Select all

Case(
 Label([ProductType], i),
 color(i) := colorrred,
 color(i) := coloryellow,
 color(i) := colororange,
 color(i) := colorblue,
 color(i) := RgbColor(255, 100, 40)	
)
The rest of your questions requires a bit more explanation. But.. as your post is already a bit old, I wonder if it's still relevant or maybe you solved it already?

Regards, Marlies