documentation .mod

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
schepers

documentation .mod

Post by schepers »

Hello,
i attend a student at his diploma thesis, his aim is to generate synthetic models for ED. He asked me, if there is a documentation for .mod files?
Thx Ralf
MatthijsJongboer

Re: documentation .mod

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hello Ralf,
There is no public documentation available.
The .mod files are in plain text format and can therefor be read with a normal text editor.
But still, I would suggest to use the ED engine in some form to generate and save models.

Maybe you can explain the background of your request so other members of the community can help share their knowledge and experience with you?
schepers

Post by schepers »

The basic idea is that is being developed through an analysis of the atoms in the ED, a grammar. From the grammar and algorithms for generating random graphs, synthetic models should be generated at any size and with pre-defined problem (eg bottlenecks).
Because the application should be written in Java, simple mod files should be ejected. Therefore, the student would like a documentary. It is we already know that the files can be opened using a text editor.
thx, ralf
MatthijsJongboer

Creating an interface between a java application and ED can be done in an easier way. I would suggest to use the output from your java application as input for ED to generate a model. There are many ways to exchange data or create an interface to ED. Even when you prefer plain text as output for your application, you can create an interface in ED to accept this.
schepers

Post by schepers »

Do you have a how to, to do this?
MatthijsJongboer

There are some quickstarts with the software describing ActiveX, ADO and XML (Help subdir). If you require a different interface, feel free to create a new topic. Also have a look at the technical capabilities of ED in the FAQ section: enterprise-dynamics-features-t6.html.