Call an Operator to repair breakdowns

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
prodlog

Call an Operator to repair breakdowns

Post by prodlog »

Hello,
I have modified one of your Operator examples from the tutorial models ( Operator1.mod - I added two condtion Control Atoms to avoid a Deadlock).
Then I defined MTTF and MTTR for the Server CNC_Blau.
Now I want to call an operator every time when CNC_Blau breaks down, the Operator should be released when the repairing is done.
Could you please tell me how to get this thing done?
Kind regards
prodlog
Attachments
Werker_Beispiel_ConditionControl.mod
(46.03 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
marlies

Re: Call an Operator to repair breakdowns

Post by marlies »

Hi,

It is possible, but there are some restrictions:

It is only possible if you use the option "busy time" for your breakdowns. This means that the breakdown moment of the machine will be calculated based on the time it has been serving products. The downtime will happen only during the processing of a product.

The other restriction is that you will not see the down status of the server. The status will be set to busy when the operator comes to repair.

If you can work with these restrictions, you can model this problem as I did in the attached model. See trigger on breakdown and trigger on repair for the required server. Otherwise you'll have to model a kind of workaround.

Actually, we will be releasing a new version of ED soon, this will include a new operator that will be able to do this repair actions easily.

Regards, Marlies
Attachments
Werker_Beispiel_ConditionControl_Edit.mod
(50.86 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
prodlog

Re: Call an Operator to repair breakdowns

Post by prodlog »

Dear Marlies, thank you very much for your help.
Your model works pretty well.
I'm glad to hear that the operator atom will be improved in the next ED version.
Kind regards
prodlog