Empty productionline before changeovers

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
sga

Empty productionline before changeovers

Post by sga »

Hi ED forum

I am trying to similate a production line with 3 serves that are producing several different productions.

The whole production line has to be empty before changing over to produce another product, but how can I make ED do this?

I know the size of each product "batch", so I was thinking maybe it is possible to the server when a certain amount of products are already delivered to the shink, or?

Do you know any helpfull methods?
marlies

Re: Empty productionline before changeovers

Post by marlies »

Hi,

You can do that using the command closeoutput and openoutput (or closeinput and openinput) and calculate when a queue may release the next products.

See attached for a small example. There is code in the exittrigger of queue2 and entrytrigger of sink6.

Regards, Marlies
Attachments
20130416_FlowControl.mod
(20.76 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
sga

Post by sga »

Great! it works perfectly :)
Much better than the messy solution I comed up yesterday evening (one with spiltter, condition control and losts of buffers, which didn't look good at all)...

Unfortunately I don't fully understand how the codes works in your solution, but I think I will figure that out after sometime.

I just have one question. Is it possible to put a 10min delay between the batches? (for cleaning and preparation of the line)

Ps. Thanks for the help!
Regards,
Simon
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi Simon,

Good! In case you keep problems with understanding the code, just ask.

The time between batches could be easy: use the setting setuptime on the first server in line. The easiest would be to have a label on your products something like [BatchID]. One of the standard options for the setuptime is: check if the current and previous label are different, in that case use a setuptime of x (so, when the labels are the same, the setuptime will be 0).

Regards, Marlies
sga

Post by sga »

Ohh yeah.. okay, It will solve it :)...

My servers already have a setup time of 6 sec. so I couldn't use the existing servers.
I just made a dedicated server at the begining of the line with a setup time of 10min when going of one product to another and a cycle time of 0.

It working fine now.

Thanks for the help!
Regards,
Simon